Update Update

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
TMurphy
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TMurphy »

UPDATE!!

I finally finished reading all the update posts. Since it's over 70 degrees for the first time this spring today, it is now time to sit outside, practice, and do some grilling.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Update Update

Post by TubaRay »

This is the latest update, as far as I know. There is now a "Sanity Update" to be found on TubeNet. I'll try to keep everyone updated.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Update Update

Post by TubaRay »

TubaRay wrote:This is the latest update, as far as I know. There is now a "Sanity Update" to be found on TubeNet. I'll try to keep everyone updated.
Actually, it is in the "Off Topic" section, where it belongs.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
Eric B
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Eric B »

Tom wrote:I'm at work.

:roll:
Get back to work! :evil:
Miraphone CC 186-4U
Weril 980S
Ibanez acoustic guitar

http://www.fbccenter.org" target="_blank" target="_blank
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Update:

I now have 867 instruments inventoried in my attempt to create a serial number/date index for York instruments.

:shock:
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Eric B
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Eric B »

The American lexicon is in a constant state of flux. I thought that I would update you that the definition of update has not been updated in 2008 (so far)

From www.dictionary.com

UPDATE

–verb (used with object) 1. to bring (a book, figures, or the like) up to date, as by adding new information or making corrections: to update a science textbook.
2. Computers. to incorporate new or more accurate information in (a database, program, procedure, etc.).
3. to bring (a person, organization, etc.) up to date on a particular subject: The magazine article will update you on the international situation.
–noun 4. an act or instance of updating: to make an update in a financial ledger.
5. information or data used in updating.
6. an updated version, model, or the like.
Miraphone CC 186-4U
Weril 980S
Ibanez acoustic guitar

Eric B
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Eric B »

Update is "actualice" in Spanish

"mise à jour" in French

"Aktualisierung" in German

"aggiornamento" in Italian

"De herziening" in Dutch

"atualize" in Portuguese

"обновление" in Russian

"oppdatering" in Norwegian

"æ›´æ–°" in traditional Chinese

"アップデート" in Japanese

and uh "date-upay" in Pig Latin
Miraphone CC 186-4U
Weril 980S
Ibanez acoustic guitar

SplatterTone
5 valves
5 valves

Post by SplatterTone »

I just tested my newest mouthpiece: The Bach 0.018 BN. Super extra large, 320mm internal diameter with the special "BN" bowl scientifically contoured for playing the Brown Note.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_note

I tried it at a local government meeting. Although it worked perfectly, the air in the room was already too permeated with BS to permit anyone to notice the change.
Good signature lines: http://tinyurl.com/a47spm
The Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Post by The Jackson »

UPDATE:

Friends, I must say goodbye to you as I have been diagnosed with severe DHMO (Dihydrogen Monoxide) poisoning. The doctor says I have to give up playing the tuba because my body just can't take it. He said that the only instruments I can play if I want to continue playing music are viola and saxophone. :(
TMurphy
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TMurphy »

The Jackson wrote:UPDATE:

Friends, I must say goodbye to you as I have been diagnosed with severe DHMO (Dihydrogen Monoxide) poisoning. The doctor says I have to give up playing the tuba because my body just can't take it. He said that the only instruments I can play if I want to continue playing music are viola and saxophone. :(
Nasty stuff. They say it's everywhere. In our rivers, streams, the food we eat, even the air we breathe. It's amazing more people don't have your condition.
tubatooter1940
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tubatooter1940 »

I can't practice tuba now. The cutworms are in my hollihocks again. :cry:
We pronounce it Guf Coast
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

The Jackson wrote:the only instruments I can play if I want to continue playing music are viola and saxophone
Oxymoron!
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

As it turns out, the VISSIM simulation of Commerce Street in San Antonio showed that it wasn't the buses that caused the 100-second cycle to overflow. It was just the long cycle. Just thought you guys needed an update. But the modeled passenger loading time doesn't consider the correlation between headway and passenger waiting times, though in San Antonio at the peaks, there are always passengers waiting at the corner of Commerce and Soledad. I suppose I should have held that back to provide you an update tomorrow.

The next task is to see if I can get phase reservice to work with dual lagging permitted left turns at Campbell and Speedway. It might be next week before I can provide an update on that.

And the WiFi at the Starbucks on E. Broadway in Tucson suddenly vanished about 20 minutes ago. I'll keep you updated on developments.

Rick "checking into the updated update update thread to get an update on current updates and to update everyone on the state of future updates" Denney
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Update Update

Post by TubaRay »

Rick Denney wrote:As it turns out, the VISSIM simulation of Commerce Street in San Antonio showed that it wasn't the buses that caused the 100-second cycle to overflow. It was just the long cycle. Just thought you guys needed an update. But the modeled passenger loading time doesn't consider the correlation between headway and passenger waiting times, though in San Antonio at the peaks, there are always passengers waiting at the corner of Commerce and Soledad. I suppose I should have held that back to provide you an update tomorrow.

The next task is to see if I can get phase reservice to work with dual lagging permitted left turns at Campbell and Speedway. It might be next week before I can provide an update on that.

And the WiFi at the Starbucks on E. Broadway in Tucson suddenly vanished about 20 minutes ago. I'll keep you updated on developments.

Rick "checking into the updated update update thread to get an update on current updates and to update everyone on the state of future updates" Denney
I believe it is time for this post to be updated. How about it, Rick?
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
OldsRecording
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Update Update

Post by OldsRecording »

TubaRay wrote:
Rick Denney wrote:As it turns out, the VISSIM simulation of Commerce Street in San Antonio showed that it wasn't the buses that caused the 100-second cycle to overflow. It was just the long cycle. Just thought you guys needed an update. But the modeled passenger loading time doesn't consider the correlation between headway and passenger waiting times, though in San Antonio at the peaks, there are always passengers waiting at the corner of Commerce and Soledad. I suppose I should have held that back to provide you an update tomorrow.

I believe it is time for this post to be updated. How about it, Rick?
Then can we get an update on the Update Update?
bardus est ut bardus probo,
Bill Souder

All mushrooms are edible, some are edible only once.
Thomas Maurice Booth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Thomas Maurice Booth »

It stopped raining.

TMB
I post because you're unable to Google.
OldsRecording
5 valves
5 valves

Post by OldsRecording »

Thomas Maurice Booth wrote:It stopped raining.

TMB
Not here. Just started.
bardus est ut bardus probo,
Bill Souder

All mushrooms are edible, some are edible only once.
Tom Holtz
Push Button Make Sound
Push Button Make Sound

Post by Tom Holtz »

The youngest boy's loose stool is firming up nicely. Thanks for asking.

The Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Post by The Jackson »

I made it into All-County Band (2nd chair out of 4 and knowing two out of the three other guys!)!

I think I did pretty well on the audition given my mindset that the judge, a local low brass man, would tear me a third, fourth and fifth ear hole. :D
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

æ›´æ–°: å‰