New Arrival

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
willbrett
bugler
bugler

New Arrival

Post by willbrett »

I just wanted to make an announcement:

My wife and I had our first baby yesterday!!!!

Jonas Vaughn Williams
Born 10/23/08 @ 4:41pm
8lbs 9oz, 19 3/4 inches

Both son and mom are doing very well!!!

-Brett
Todd S. Malicoate
6 valves
6 valves

Re: New Arrival

Post by Todd S. Malicoate »

Congratulations to you and your wife!

As this is your first child, I wish for you the blessing of stamina for the lack of sleep you are about to endure for the next year or so. Best wishes!
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

willbrett wrote:I just wanted to make an announcement:

-Brett
I made that statement in front of my wife once, to which she replied. "You most certainly did not have this baby, I did! You may have started the process but I sure as ##&%$ completed it without your help." Six years later when the second arrived I was finally allowed to be in the room as it happened. Only then did I realize the depth of her understanding of the situation. If guys had to have 'em there wouldn't be so many. Congratulations to you both, but now is when you get to earn your stripes. The only thing more precious than a child is a grandchild.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
TubaCoopa
bugler
bugler

Post by TubaCoopa »

What? No disgusting pictures of the birth? Huh. Maybe this forum is of a higher class... :)
OldsRecording
5 valves
5 valves

Post by OldsRecording »

Congrats! Love the name. Have you gotten any sleep yet?
bardus est ut bardus probo,
Bill Souder

All mushrooms are edible, some are edible only once.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

willbrett wrote: Both son and mom are doing very well!!!
And how is the dad?

Congratulations!!!
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
willbrett
bugler
bugler

Post by willbrett »

the elephant wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!

(Will you call him Ralphie as a nickname? Please???!!!) :lol:
Thanks to all for the kind words of congratulations!

As tempting as it may be, I don't think we'll be calling him "Ralphie"... Although, that is where we came up with his middle name (yeah, we dropped the second a). It was almost a joke at first, but it kinda grew on us. My wife is a music teacher and bass player, so she's pleased that our sons name has some musical influence in it. Actually, we grabbed his first name, Jonas, from the Weezer song "My Name is Jonas".

tbn.al wrote:
willbrett wrote:I just wanted to make an announcement:

-Brett
I made that statement in front of my wife once, to which she replied. "You most certainly did not have this baby, I did! You may have started the process but I sure as ##&%$ completed it without your help." Six years later when the second arrived I was finally allowed to be in the room as it happened. Only then did I realize the depth of her understanding of the situation. If guys had to have 'em there wouldn't be so many. Congratulations to you both, but now is when you get to earn your stripes. The only thing more precious than a child is a grandchild.
Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I'm certainly not attempting to take the credit for *having* the baby. I keep congratulating her on what a fantastic job she's done... both developing and delivering such a beautiful child. It's really quite remarkable, and much more magical in person that in some childbirth video.

TubaCoopa wrote:What? No disgusting pictures of the birth? Huh. Maybe this forum is of a higher class... :)
No, sorry. The hospital only permitted photos from the waste up, and only after delivery. I suppose there may have been a few malpractice cases caught on film.

TubaRay wrote:
willbrett wrote: Both son and mom are doing very well!!!
And how is the dad?

Congratulations!!!

We're all doing very well indeed! The first couple of nights were really rough, but he's already beginning to get his days and nights figured out. I keep telling him that 10pm-5am is NOT the time to be awake and fussy. He'll be a week old tomorrow, I'm sure he understands me.
JVaughnWilliamsII
lurker
lurker

Post by JVaughnWilliamsII »

I myself, am certainly glad you decided to have your first baby, nearly fifteen years ago.
:tuba: :tuba: