A gen Z's approach to turning in homework

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

A gen Z's approach to turning in homework

Post by MartyNeilan »

My 6th grade son had to turn in an English assignment on proofreading. His solution was to make a YouTube video of the paper and send the teacher the link. Needless to say, this was not accepted and at the very least he has to send in an actual picture / scanned image if he couldn't be there to turn in the physical paper. I do admire his creativity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E99eE7KRM38
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: A gen Z's approach to turning in homework

Post by iiipopes »

Better than my son, who, when asked why his essay assignments weren't done: "I am going to be a technical writer, if anything. Why do I have to do essays?" To which his IEP team (he is a high-functioning Asperger's child) and (on this one of the few points his mother and I agreed on, as this was during the divorce), "Not all of the people who will read your work will have the background in science and math you do. So you have to write so they can understand it, which is in the form of traditional English composition." He sighed loudly and over the course of time completed his papers.
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K