Weather Report and program conflicts...

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Mike C855B
bugler
bugler

Re: Weather Report and program conflicts...

Post by Mike C855B »

Make French toast!

When we moved to the Midwest after having lived in sunnier, warmer climes for four decades, we observed a phenomenon whenever the "S" word was uttered by TV weatherfolk - store shelves would suddenly be cleared of bread, milk and eggs. We came to the conclusion that the local response to bad weather was to make French toast. So we made it a tradition - snow in the morning, even a dusting, we have French toast for breakfast.

The NWS says 80% chance of less than an inch of snow (total) in Jackson, starting around 3 a.m. tomorrow, ending noon-ish. They're not given to the "Tune in for the latest developments!" hyperbole. I personally wouldn't sweat it, just be careful. (We're going to be clipped by that storm here in southern Illinois.)

As far as the prospective conflict goes, anybody planning a holiday event knows (or should know): 1) there are lots of other folks planning similar events, and musicians are very busy in December; 2) weather is going to be a factor for somebody's date and time; and 3) changing an advertised date risks resources not being available.

But in truth, you have to consider each event and who would be disappointed. If my choice was between a rescheduled appearance as a featured soloist with the Big City Orchestra and a quintet gig at the local Possum Lodge Women's Auxiliary Canasta Club luncheon... well, you know. :D
Miraphone 191 4-valve
1925 Conn 28J
Cerveny CEP 531-4M
Fox 880 "Sayen" (oops... that's an oboe) ;)
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

It’s unfortunate that the weather is as commercialized as every other part of the “news” so I don’t change plans until an a official state of emergency has been declared.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

nworbekim wrote:Winter storm DIEGO... when did we start naming winter storms? I guess I missed it starting.
As I was saying...
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

bloke wrote:
Three Valves wrote:
nworbekim wrote:Winter storm DIEGO... when did we start naming winter storms? I guess I missed it starting.
As I was saying...
The previous storm was a sandstorm, called CARMEN.
I am confused...

Where in the world is this?

I also am not exactly on the cutting meteorologic edge...
Thanks for playing!