Selling something on rvtrader

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Selling something on rvtrader

Post by MaryAnn »

Hilarious what I'm getting.

One query: would you send more info on your trailer
My answer: what info do you want?
(no reply)

The most fun one:
Query: What is the least you will take for it? What would it cost to transport it to Wisconsin?
My answer: What is the most you will pay me for it? The buyer will have to tow it from my driveway to wherever they want to take it.
(no reply)
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Selling something on rvtrader

Post by Three Valves »

This is why I consign things. It’s worth it!! :lol:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

I have a local person very interested and trying to get the $$. I'm willing to wait. He's a nice guy, no silly games.
sushi20j
bugler
bugler

Post by sushi20j »

nworbekim wrote:I listed a car hauler... I was getting up to 20 inquiries an hour like that. Is this still available? Is the price negotiable? More pictures please? Blah blah blah blah!
I'm having the same problems on FB marketplace with some computer parts I'm trying to unload as a lot. Will you split the items? Will you take less than half your asking price?
2002 Miraphone 187
1956 Conn 20J
1967 Conn 20J - For Sale
1967 Conn 24J
19?? Universal Eb Sousa
Mike C855B
bugler
bugler

Post by Mike C855B »

It takes all kinds. I tried to sell a near-new van on Craigslist last year. Received a couple of "what's your lowest price?" inquiries and had a lot of folks otherwise wasting my time. In the end we sold it to CarMax.

I mention Craigslist specifically because of the scammers who thrive on harvesting phone numbers from seller update lists available to commercial subscribers. Like everything else on the internet, if it's out there it lives forever - my phone rang with an "inquiry" only two weeks ago, the umpteenth pay-us-and-maybe-we-can-sell-it-for-you call. Leeches.
Miraphone 191 4-valve
1925 Conn 28J
Cerveny CEP 531-4M
Fox 880 "Sayen" (oops... that's an oboe) ;)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I've always assumed that (bad) questions like these get replies often enough that it doesn't discourage people asking them.

If a person wants to offer half price on 20 different things, they only need to hear 1 "yes". Even 1 out of 100 is worth it for the deal of the century to them.

Of course, the person receiving the questions will be annoyed, and it's kind of a jerk move for those people to ask such questions and make such offers... Some people just want something for nothing, and hope the seller doesn't know what it is they are trying to sell.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

I just sold my motorcycle, on craigslist. Took a while, and half of the people who contacted me wanted me to call them. Which was a nuisance, but ... I didn't ask, but I suppose some of them may have only their cellular phones with which to do email or whatever.
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

RVtrader does not know I am female. (And except for Schlep's picture, you guys wouldn't know it either because I could put anybody's picture up there and use any name. Which is what I do on Facebook, where I have found it much safer to just be male.)
But I offered a box of tuba mouthpieces right here on T-net and specifically said I would sell them only en masse. I still got two inquiries wanting one of them or asking questions about this and that, can I supply pictures etc. I admit to being somewhat rude in reply. Whatever.
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

Yeah you could have but you'd have had a hell of a time finding a twin who matched my Tubenet picture.
Next time, find some hatchet-faced Harley babe and get HER to pose with you and call it me. But, oh yeah, it's a bit late for that.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

“Tell ‘em, Large Marge sent ya!!”
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

Schlepporello wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:Yeah you could have but you'd have had a hell of a time finding a twin who matched my Tubenet picture.
Next time, find some hatchet-faced Harley babe and get HER to pose with you and call it me. But, oh yeah, it's a bit late for that.
We have a local biker bar that serves the best 10-ounce rib-eye steak you'll find in this city. I'll sneak by there and see what I can do. :wink:
If I'm ever in Amarillo again I'll join you and your wife for one of those steaks.
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

Put it on the local Craigslist, got mostly real inquiries, and sold it in a week for asking price. I did have a series somewhere along the line where one person made several attempts to get my phone number, of course to no avail. The buyer did get my phone number as we were finishing up the process of title transfer. Only thing I've gotten since was when was the last time I had the wheel bearings packed. It pays to choose a buyer who happens to be nice when you are selling something from your home and they know where you live. Ha. He got a good deal and I got out of having to haul it somewhere to put it on consignment.