Recently Switched to Mac from Windows? Need to Save as PDF?

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
DonShirer
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Recently Switched to Mac from Windows? Need to Save as P

Post by DonShirer »

Your helpful link only showed how to save in Mac Finale, here is the (much simpler) way to do it in Mac Sibelius.
1. Click on FILE
2. Select EXPORT
3. Select PDF
4. Choose the parts/score to export and whether they are in the same or sepate files in the Export PDF options at right.
5. Click the Export icon at the bottom.
Don Shirer
Westbrook, CT
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Recently Switched to Mac from Windows? Need to Save as P

Post by Donn »

In case that was ambiguous - the elephant way is what works with anything (anything that can print, anyway.) The Sibelius feature is common to document type applications, and it's certainly a nice touch in a music editor, but ... after all it isn't really necessary, and the one I use (Lime) doesn't have it, so I go through Print to get a PDF. I don't know the internals - it would be interesting to know whether they go through the same software processing, or if you'd get different results at all using Export. [edit] Answering my own question - sure the results would be different, because the Print version is as printed, which imposes some graphic parameters that wouldn't apply to the Export path. I was thinking of more distinctly different rendering, but I can't guarantee it would be possible to distinguish between that and print parameters.[/edit]