bad dreams

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
gionvil
bugler
bugler

bad dreams

Post by gionvil »

Last night I dreamed I was performing at an outdoor concert and I was playing a weird micro tuba, chinese, in plastic ( but lacquered) with 5 or 6 upright pistons of different decreasing lenght, like a pan flute... I was blowing my brain out but nobody was hearing me. I had just watched Dylan King's video on the world's smallest tuba before going to sleep, so maybe that was the cause of my bad dream.
Do you ever have any kind of music -related bad dream? Like being on stage in pjiama or slippers, or missing the parts, or having to sight read something and discovering there is no music on the sheets ?
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: bad dreams

Post by iiipopes »

I used to have nightmares that one or the other of my instruments were being stolen from me. One was so bad it startled me awake, and I actually did go open the case to make sure the instrument was still in the case. This was about twenty years ago when other aspects of my life were in transition. Thankfully, I don't have those nightmares anymore.
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

I have occasional dreams in which basically the world is falling apart around me, like a huge earthquake or something, and I have to get out of the house. Always I grab my violin, which was my pro instrument and which apparently psychologically I still identify with. I've had a number of these but none lately.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

When I was a kid, my grandparents had a Summer home near The Chesapeake Bay Delaware River Canal. When the ships went by, they would suck all the water away from the beach. The water came back in a wake big enough to surf on.

Now I occasionally dream about tidal waves. :shock:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Schlepporello wrote:I once dreamt that I was a good musician. :oops:

I once dreamt you were a good musician... :shock:
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Twice, I dreamt that I was playing center field for the Yankees. I just remember saying to myself, don't hit it here. Don't hit it here!!!
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

the elephant wrote:
windshieldbug wrote:
Schlepporello wrote:I once dreamt that I was a good musician. :oops:

I once dreamt you were a good musician... :shock:
I once had a dream that you were dreaming about Wayne being a good musician.

Uncanny.

Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Bill Troiano wrote:Twice, I dreamt that I was playing center field for the Yankees. I just remember saying to myself, don't hit it here. Don't hit it here!!!
You just summarized my two year Little League career. :shock:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
IsaacTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by IsaacTuba »

I've had dreams multiple times where I open my case one day and my nice shiny horn is now full of dents, and looks like it just came straight out of a high school marching band. Good thing it's still good as new.
Arizona State University BM 23'
Baylor University MM 25'

Eastman 836GS CC
Miraphone 181 F
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

I've had dreams where I'm holding my horn and it suddenly starts collapsing in my hands with the slightest touch, like it's made out of aluminum foil. I try to push the dents back and it ends up disintegrating into a little wad of brass on the ground, or the whole bell will rip off, etc.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
IsaacTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by IsaacTuba »

To follow up on my post just hours ago, my horn suffered a major dent today. Nice one, fate.
Arizona State University BM 23'
Baylor University MM 25'

Eastman 836GS CC
Miraphone 181 F
Bowerybum
bugler
bugler

Post by Bowerybum »

"(Many not-great things that happen in our lives are due to our own decisions.)"

Most of them if you're really honest with yourself.......................................
"When the legend becomes fact, print
the legend."
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

Several times I have dreamed I was reading / posting on TubeNet.