urgent request

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: urgent request

Post by Three Valves »

WOW!! Like a Southern White Castle!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Mark Finley wrote:I tried white castle over 10 years ago during a trip to Indy. I can't imagine how it ever became popular, I thought it was disgusting, and I'm not one of those people that turns up my nose at fast food usually.
When White Castle was a new thing in the 1920's, they were: 1) a novelty; 2) cheap; 3) the only fast-food in town. And of course it caught on and developed a following. When I was in grad school at Mizzou, I had friends who would caravan I-70 to St. Louis and literally bring back a car full for all the students and friends from St. Louis who were craving them. We called them grease bombs, and a lot of guys used them as an excuse to wash them down with even more beer. (I didn't need an excuse for beer... :wink: )
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Mark

Post by Mark »

bloke wrote:urgent request
Crying wolf?
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

Mark Finley wrote:I tried white castle over 10 years ago during a trip to Indy. I can't imagine how it ever became popular, I thought it was disgusting, and I'm not one of those people that turns up my nose at fast food usually.
I used to love them when I was a kid, especially after a long evening of adult beverages.

More recently, the first 2 or 3 were great, after that, not so much.

Nowadays, I can't go near them :cry:
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

bloke wrote:' funny how grease (saturated fat, etc.) and red meat have been so widely misrepresented by degreed/certified/licensed/peer-reviewed "experts" as "unhealthy".

the unhealthy portion of a slider...??

:arrow: the friggin BUN :|
Truth!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I’m more an Arby’s man, myself...
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

FYI.... 8)

...September 18th is “National Birth of the Burger Day." The day commemorates the invention of the hamburger sandwich that took place during the 1885 Erie County Fair by Frank and Charles Menches of Canton, Ohio.

“Birth of the Hamburger in Hamburg,” Canton, Ohio natives Frank and Charles Menches were food vendors at the 1885 Erie County Fair, also known as the Hamburg Fair. Legend has it that during the course of the Fair, the Menches ran out of their signature menu item of pork sausage sandwiches. Their local supplier, Hamburg butcher Andrew Klein, was reluctant to butcher more hogs during a period of unseasonable late summer heat and suggested to substitute the use of ground beef. The brothers fired some up, but both found it dry and bland. They added coffee, brown sugar and other ingredients to create a unique taste. The original sandwiches were sold with just ketchup and sliced onions. With new found success with their beef sandwich, they christened it the “hamburger” after the Erie County Fair’s home town of Hamburg, New York.

Why September 18th? Until the early 1920s, the Erie County Fair was held mid to late September or as late as early October to celebrate the agricultural harvest. The 1885 Erie County Fair, the event that saw the invention of the hamburger, was held September 16th-18th, 1885.

Join us on Facebook for more information and news about National Birth of the Burger Day: /www.facebook.com/BurgerBirthday/.....

P.S. I think the cheeseburger was given birth in a nearby hamlet to Hamburg; Limburger.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

bloke wrote:
Three Valves wrote:I’m more an Arby’s man, myself...
Mrs. bloke banned Arby's food in our car or home from 1980 until 2018.

The liquid cheese that use(d?) completely grossed her out when she was pregnant with our first child.

When on the road last year, the only place that was open was an Arby's, and the experience was rated as "good".
She put cheese wiz on the roast beast?? :lol:

Next time just put Arby-sauce on it. Or get the French dip, with onion rings!! :tuba: