New Armed Forces Medly

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

New Armed Forces Medly

Post by Dan Schultz »

I've heard about a new Armed Forces medley that ends with the Semper Paratus (Coast Guard tune) arranged by one of the Marine Band writers. Is it available for sale?

Never mind. I found it. It's an arrangement by Jari Villanueva titled "Salute to the Armed Forces" and is for sale on his web site. I bought it and will let you know more about it in a couple of weeks.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Radar
3 valves
3 valves

Re: New Armed Forces Medly

Post by Radar »

I played this arrangement last night, the Army Reserve Band I retired from had some of us old timers back to sit in for a concert and they were using it for most of the service hymns except the Army song (they used the official version of that). It seemed to be pretty well written arrangements.
Retired Army Reserve 98th Div. Band: Euphonium, Trombone, Tuba, Bass Guitar
Miraphone 186 CC
Conn 36K Sousaphone
Euphonium: Yamaha YEP-321 (modified with Euro-shank receiver with Lehman M mouthpiece)
Trombones:Yamaha 612 Bass, Conn 88H
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: New Armed Forces Medly

Post by Dan Schultz »

snorlax wrote:Dan,
The Indianapolis Brass Choir has it. It's OK.
I wish, however, that someone would teach Jari Villanueva how to use computer music typesetting software.
Haven't seen the other parts, but the typesetting on the euph part is awful, as it is on some of his other stuff.
Jim
Yes... the engraving is pretty lame. We've been rehearsing it and plan to use it in a 4th of July concert. It's a pretty good piece somewhere between Lowden's "Armed Forces Salute" and Sweeney's "Marches of the Armed Forces". We used to keep both of the other arrangements in our folders to use depending on who shows up at rehearsals/performances.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.