Better sharp than out of tune

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Re: Better sharp than out of tune

Post by windshieldbug »

If only violas were as easy to coax offstage... :shock:
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

dgpretzel wrote:Just a typical day in the Juneau Symphony Orchestra office.

prickly intonation
Things are different in Alaska. She got off easy, though. Can you imagine the carnage if a wolverine or a fisher had walked into her instrument case?

BTW: Porcupines cannot shoot their quills. However, their quills detach easily. Dogs and other animals who get their snouts filled with quills from a porcupine have lowered their snouts in curiosity trying to determine the nature of this funny looking beast are run into by the porcupine. The quills are lodged in the snout when the porcupine runs at the dog/beast and contacts the other animal.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anim ... orcupines/" target="_blank\

Personally, I would have opened the door and started beating on the bass drum. Firstly, because the porcupine would get scared and run away and, secondly, I just kinda like beating loudly on bass drums.

Jeff "Let's take a trip to the zoo" Benedict
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

It's funny but I thought she handled it well....not scared, just trying to get it out of there. Too bad it wasn't one of my cats, because they actually know what "OUT!" means. I think if you live in Juneau you are just used to critters.