Rubbing Alcohol (98%) for internal cleaning

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
iattp
bugler
bugler

Rubbing Alcohol (98%) for internal cleaning

Post by iattp »

Yeah, I've done some searching on the forums, and I haven't really found any definitive answer. I've got a rotary, raw brass, Červeny helicon with four valves. I want to clean the heck out of the insides and remove all gunk. It's not horrible, as I regularly-ish clean it, but I've never poured alcohol down it to clean.

I tried some on the main tuning slide and it removed the grease. That's great! I was wondering if pouring it down the inside and snaking it would do any wonders as far as cleaning it out. I'm playing a festival on the 13th with my Roma friends in Pehčevo, and I'd like NOT to do anything totally damaging to the beast. My soldering attempt today...well, not the greatest. I've got to learn, as you may or may not know from my constant complaining, there ain't anyone out here who can solder horns (until I learn).

Okay, I look forward to reading what you wise people have to say.

Nick
Červeny Bb helicon - Brandon
Ultratone P-R - Blatmobile
Eb tuba - Commander Riker
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Rubbing Alcohol (98%) for internal cleaning

Post by roweenie »

bloke wrote: Tengo curiosidad:
¿Lo recogió del minibar en una habitación de hotel en la República Dominicana?

Sí, y después de limpiar mis partes internas, me desperté muerto.
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".