Strong language usage

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
doddyhop
bugler
bugler

Strong language usage

Post by doddyhop »

What are the rules of using profanity on this website?

Edit: grammer
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Strong language usage

Post by Donn »

Not required.
doddyhop
bugler
bugler

Post by doddyhop »

Something like the s word. If I say “compared to b, a feels more poopy” does not have the same effect as s word and asterisks or if I say “it’s a lot worse”. Hence strong words.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

doddyhop wrote:What are the rules of using profanity on this website?
**** if I know, and it is spelled "grammar," not "grammer," dammit!
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

bloke wrote:Something I'm not particularly fond of is offering first initials of banned words.
You hear this all the time in the media.
Talking heads say "_-word"...so what they hell do they thing goes through peoples' minds when they say the phrase, "_-word"? They might as well have said the friggin' word. :|
You have to get past the censors...............
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

It surprises me that within the past 10-15 years profanity in the written word has become widely acceptable. Seemingly "reputable" news, information, review, and opinion sites written by "professional" writers are full of language we would have considered too obscene to print. It is nice to occasionally find a site that uses a higher level of vocabulary and doesn't have to rely on profanity throughout the article.
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

I like the way you humorously sign off below. And, I do get the joke. Now, I'd like to suggest that you pay lots of attention to SYNTAX in some of your posts . It is a bit difficult to follow some of your sentence structures. Of course, I'm probably the only one on the board that has this problem. Maybe not. Respectfully, Ace

bloke "a degreed, certified, licensed, and peer-reviewed etymological historian...and thanks for catching the joke. I suspect so many go by unnoticed."[/quote]
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Schlepporello wrote:If you can't get your point across without using strong language or vulgarity, you are merely displaying to the world that you are nothing but an uneducated lint-licking pooh-pooh brain.
:lol:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.