Kreepy Krawley woes

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Kreepy Krawley woes

Post by MaryAnn »

I have a kreepy krawley problem......every morning I find it stuck up next to the steps in the pool. I set it free, send it towards the deep end, and sometimes even five minutes later there it is stuck up to the steps again. Obviously it is not doing what it is supposed to do, which is clean the entire pool. If it gets to the deep end it will climb the walls and clean them, but this getting stuck is driving me nuts. I've tried straightening it out, rotating the business end on the hose, and it just does the same thing. Anybody have better luck? I replaced the motor a while back and the new motor is a lot stronger so it sucks better, and I think it actually sucks too much at this point. I've put a LOT of money into this pool, re-doing it, and here the stupid KK won't traverse the pool but just gets stuck on the steps.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Kreepy Krawley woes

Post by Three Valves »

What you need is a pool boy.

I’ll be right over!! :tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

My stepfather has one for his pool. He calls it "Junior," as the substitute for "the neighborhood pool boy." Occasionally Junior gets stuck if there is a bind in the hose that drives it, either the hose itself or the universal joints that let the hose rotate as Junior circuits the pool, or if a wheel gets stuck. When it gets to the shallow end, if there is any friction or bind in the hose joints, it will not allow Junior to essentially walk back on itself to the other end of the pool and clear the hose by rotation. About twice each swimming pool season each year, he must clean out and lubricate all the joints and the wheels, as we get a lot of leaves blown into the pool, making significant work for Junior. I hope this helps.
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

Thanks. I have a pool guy.....who does all the stuff except filling the pool, which I have to do.
Bloke, great suggestion and I'll see what I can do. Just make the step less step-like and that should do the trick. This KK just plows ahead and has no swivel function.
Just yesterday picked up a curled-up dead tarantula baby that I find here rather often. I suppose the cat had a good time with it. That kind of creepy crawly doesn't bother me, or I it.
New pool boy welcome but do you really want a 70 year old client who had to sell her tuba due to not being able to lift it any more?