E-mail help

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Re: E-mail help

Post by WC8KCY »

Windows Live refers to both an e-mail service, and a Windows e-mail application. Are you using the service, the application, or both?

Microsoft ended support for the Windows Live e-mail application back in 2012. Under absolutely no circumstances should anyone use it today.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Post by WC8KCY »

Additionally, AT&T made some changes to their e-mail server security protocols just a few days ago (October 4th), and if you use the Windows Live e-mail application, it's not supported. You will have to create a security key in order to access their servers with unsupported e-mail clients.

For further reading: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine ... 489561.php
mikebmiller
bugler
bugler

Post by mikebmiller »

Forget using AT&T or any email that is tied to a specific ISP. If you change ISP's, you have to change email addresses. Get a gmail or outlook.com account and use the web browser interface. I find it way easier to use than outlook or any email program, and you can get to it from whatever computer you are on at the time. I have been on gmail since almost the very beginning and I love it. The search function is great and I get zero spam. FYI, I do IT for a living and support all kinds of email systems and I love gmail. Thanks.
The Brute Squad
bugler
bugler

Post by The Brute Squad »

nworbekim wrote:cvs format i believe?
CSV (comma-separated values)
Joe K

Player of tuba, taker of photos, breaker of things (mostly software)

Miraphone 181 F w/ GW Matanuska/Yamaha John Griffiths
Kalison Daryl Smith w/ Blokepiece (#2 32.6, Orchestra Grand Cup, Symphony American shank)
The Brute Squad
bugler
bugler

Not too far off. I'm sure if the contact list is long enough, it'll look like a CVS receipt. :lol:
Joe K

Kalison Daryl Smith w/ Blokepiece (#2 32.6, Orchestra Grand Cup, Symphony American shank)
The Brute Squad
bugler
bugler

If you really want to delete IE, there's an option under Programs and Feature (in Control Panel, not the Apps & Features in Setting) to "Turn Windows features on or off." IE hides in there.

I second Steve, though. Unless you really need the drive space, it isn't necessary to remove it.
Joe K