bloke's Rule

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: bloke's Rule

Post by iiipopes »

"bloke's Rule" must be read in the constitutional context of, what is essentially, "...[to be sold] if there is another "bloke" exemplar that is being played...." In this context, I would submit that the reason the trombone won't be sold is that there is not another "bloke" trombone, as there are "bloke" tubas of various keys and configurations, and excludes instruments taken out to check condition, efficacy of repairs, etc., as they are not "bloke" instruments and therefore the money to be made from them is in the context of sales and service.

I have guitars, acoustic and electric, and electric basses the same way. Solution: I always make sure I play at least one gig per year where I use any particular instrument in question on at least one song.

Remember, in my "former life," my day job was the interpretation and application of "rules." :mrgreen: :tuba:
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Tubas are more expensive than trombones...

That must by why so many tuba players cannot afford shoes!! :roll:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Def that, and I’m not sure sandals are much better... :shock:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
mikebmiller
bugler
bugler

Post by mikebmiller »

If it ain't bloke, don't fix it.