REMINDER! Thanksgiving is coming soon!

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: REMINDER! Thanksgiving is coming soon!

Post by Three Valves »

$Fitty?? :tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

99 cans of beer on the wall,
99 cans of beer on the wall................. :twisted:
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

"Family Pack"
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by alfredr »

Family values.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Post by WC8KCY »

Unfortunately, this was more than a month too late for Canadian Thanksgiving.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

99 bottles of beer in a pack,
99 bottles of beer!
Take one out
Pass it about
98 bottles of beer in a pack!
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Post by WC8KCY »

bloke wrote:
WC8KCY wrote:Unfortunately, this was more than a month too late for Canadian Thanksgiving.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8ruAEsj.png[/img] wrote:no worries. Canada doesn't have much for which to be thankful. :oops:
Indeed, the recent phaseout of our 1-cent coin--an initiative of the Conservative Harper government--has resulted in many Canadians being left penniless.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Post by WC8KCY »

bloke wrote:' not sure what "conservative" actually means in Canada, as the term really only refers to status quo and keeping things as they are-or-were (ref: "depends on what the definition of 'is' is"), but online rate-of-exchange calculators tell me that - just in the USA...but even more so in Canada - a penny isn't even worth as much as a washer. :shock: ...as washers, now, seem to cost at least 6 USA cents at most hardware stores.
The Conservative Party is positioned slightly right of centre. Usually reactionary in nature and in favour of evolutionary versus revolutionary change, the "Tories" will sometimes spend a (borrowed) dollar now if it'll save--or generate in additional revenue--two or more bucks down the road.

If you specify a penny-sized copper washer, you'll pay a lot more pennies for it than for a steel one.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Post by WC8KCY »

bloke wrote:I'll stick with my token-level property taxation, my below-the-radar-cheap/completely-accessible/highly-rated/no-insurance-needed family doctor, my locally-embraced/locally-enforced individual liberty, my no-water-bill/no-trash-collection-bill, my co-op at-cost utility rates, my immediate-service/low-rates/hidden-off-in-the-woods nearby machine shops and expert mechanics, my ample growing season, and my 2" - 4" of annual snowfall. If what you have appeals to you (and/or if what I have is repugnant to you), I'd encourage you to stay put, and I'll do the same. Hopefully, we can both blatt on our tubas whenever we please. :tuba:
If only the whole USA offered those advantages, bloke...seems it's all confined to the South/Southeast.

Speaking of the South...I do have to say my trip to New Orleans from Michigan via automobile was one of the most unexpected and nicest surprises I've ever experienced. A Native American male with braids, I've experienced some blatant racism travelling through the American West, and expected it to be as bad or even worse in the South. But, all along I-55/I-57/I-10 from mid-Illinois to New Orleans, everyone I encountered--everyone--was instead genuinely welcoming, respectful, and pleasant.

Southern Hospitality isn't just a slogan in a tourist brochure; it's a way of life and a great one at that. Why can't the whole USA pick up on this?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

nworbekim wrote:PBR! that was our B.O.C. (beer of choice) back in music school. It was $1 per 6 pack. guess we weren't really all that interested in taste... :oops:
PBR was the good stuff.

They actually made a cheaper beer called “Red, White and Blue!!” :tuba:

State Line Liquors, Elkton MD about 1979 to ‘83. $5/case...
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Post by WC8KCY »

bloke wrote::idea: 8) :D :wink:

There's a paleface asshole living over on an adjacent property.
(He may vote like I do, but that don't mean he's nice...In fact: He's just plain mean. :( )
He has health problems, and even curses at the EMT's when his (nice, as you would expect from a southerner) wife calls 9-1-1. :roll:
That having been said, he ain't originally a southerner. :shock:

If they leave, I'll give you a call immediately. I'd be more than delighted to have you as a neighbor.
:) If this happens around when I am ready to retire and relocate...2033-ish...I would be more than delighted to give this serious consideration!

Part of the plan would involve the installation of a pipe organ, or at least one of today's excellent digital organs. Seeing how the neighbours have already been conditioned to hear tuba noises--er, music--in the wind, occasional blasts of full organ at fff shouldn't ruffle too many feathers.