Hey bloke: Congrats to Memphis AAC football champs!

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Hey bloke: Congrats to Memphis AAC football champs!

Post by iiipopes »

Hey bloke: congrats to Memphis as AAC football champs. I was having a draught at a local micro-brew-pub that had this game on one of their big screens. They played with heart and hustle, and deserved the win after two "almost" seasons.
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Hey bloke: Congrats to Memphis AAC football champs!

Post by Ace »

iiipopes wrote:Hey bloke: congrats to Memphis as AAC football champs. I was having a draught at a local micro-brew-pub that had this game on one of their big screens. They played with heart and hustle, and deserved the win after two "almost" seasons.
Memphis State is a team I have been following this year. They are good, and will face Penn State in a bowl game later this month.

Ace
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: Hey bloke: Congrats to Memphis AAC football champs!

Post by iiipopes »

bloke wrote:Although I don't watch/follow any spectator sports, I can't help but hear about all this (as sports follows weather on local news broadcasts).
It DOES seem odd, though, for Memphis State (or whatever their upgraded name is - now, during this age of downgraded letter-grade standards) to have a "winning" foobaw team. Its just not a "thing"...not even when I was a toddler (through junior high age), and an inept guy known as "Spook" Murphy was their coach.

This "winning coach", though - surely - will be gone next year...yes?
Yeah, I think they said during the broadcast he is going to Fla St next year.
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K