Suspenders

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Mark

Suspenders

Post by Mark »

I have suspenders with gold- and silver-colored hardware. Does anyone know where I might find suspenders with black hardware?
Boomer
bugler
bugler

Re: Suspenders

Post by Boomer »

I have been very satisfied with these. The clasps are plastic, and grip much better than the metal ones, and don't tear up your pants.

The one in the picture is blue, because that's the first picture I found, but my suspenders and the clasps are black. They are nice enough that I can wear them with a suit.

https://www.holdupsuspenders.com/produc ... EcQAvD_BwE" target="_blank
Dubby
bugler
bugler

Post by Dubby »

I have a pari from Duluth Trading Company. All black, fit nicely, the elastic stays elastic-y.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

My "Holdup" suspenders have metal clips, with the spike, and I see that some of their black clips are of that kind. They sure seem to work, and haven't seen any damage to my pants.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

I am a heathen, and have just gotten used to pulling my pants up every now and again.

I appreciate the fancy new cam style clip though. That is pretty cool.

Back when thought about it, my most satisfying solution were belt hooks and a belt.
Thanks for playing!
Boomer
bugler
bugler

Post by Boomer »

The cam clips are great. I was really skeptical when I got my first pair.

The metal clips always eventually seem to get "sprung" and are hard to get a :"bite."

The cam clips just do not have that problem.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

bloke wrote:Button-on suspenders, likely, are more foolproof than either of the previously-mentioned systems.
Depends. Buttons came off a lot, for me, and then you wish you had clips instead, because they're easy to re-attach. "Holdup" clamps include a spike that is pretty unlikely to let go without tearing off a patch of waistband. I also found the buttons occasionally uncomfortable, though that also depends on the pants. I was mostly into the buttons for the glamor, but as I've pretty much lost that game in any case, I've gone back to clips.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

By now I presume you know you pspelled that wrong; it is psuspenders.