getting video out of messenger?

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

getting video out of messenger?

Post by MaryAnn »

Here we go again. Someone sent me a video over Messenger on Facebook and I can't figure out how to get it out of Messenger onto my computer. Anybody?
MaryAnn

Re: getting video out of messenger?

Post by MaryAnn »

FB is on my computer. (I don't even have a smart phone. I have a dumb flip phone that does not go online.) I don't want to have to be logged into FB to see it. I can't cut / copy it with the mouse, nor can I drag it. I can forward it to other FB people or groups but can't find a way to get it out of Messenger and just download to my computer.

This is a video I took myself with the person's smart phone at her house, in which she is showing me how to do something. I've got her trying to use WeTransfer but she is not even as tech-smart as I am.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

bloke wrote:Stuff on fb generally works better with a laptop browser, than with a phone.

There is no way in h311 that I'm going to load the "facebook app" on my phone, as I would analogize that to injecting cancer cells into my own bone marrow.

Further, every two or three days I utilize programs that scrub fb scum out of my laptop.
What programs and what do they do? Curious.
Bearin' up!
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

I've never seen "Messenger" and don't want to, but on facebook.com, if I hold down <ctrl> and click on the video, I get a drop down menu that includes "Show video URL" and "Copy video URL at current time". (I.e., "copy URL to paste buffer".) But neither works - the URL isn't shown anywhere I can see, and the paste buffer is untouched. The moral of the story is, in my opinion, you surrender all hope when you decide to use a facebook service. Even if there were supposed to be a means for you to rescue your video, it probably wouldn't actually work.
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

It will show you the url of the facebook post it came from. Seems no way to do it except video the video.