rechargable impact driver report

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
tadawson
bugler
bugler

Re: rechargable impact driver report

Post by tadawson »

I have to say, that I have rarely seen anything that wasn't outright junk from Horrible Fraud, and darn little that was worth the price, no matter how cheap. (Then again, I tend to buy tools *once* - it's cheaper in the long run, with the possible exception of 'will only need this once, so I expect it to fail' type of stuff . . and that's iffy, since it has to actually make it through the single job . . .).

Heck, HF couldn't even come up with plates for a hydraulic press that would not break after a few uses when I made the mistake of trying them once. Claimed to be cast iron, but once broken, clearly just crap pot metal fraudulently marketed . . .

Just say 'No'!

To that end, while still variable, I have found stuff from Northern Tool much better, and they also carry some major brands . . . and some stuff that both they and HF rebrand and sell, Northern often has 3x the warranty, typically for the same (or lower) price!
Last edited by tadawson on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.