My Own Back Yard

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

My Own Back Yard

Post by iiipopes »

So...in addition to the virus, at least in my part of the country, it looks to be a bad tick season with unseasonably warm weather and above average rainfall. So...what I have to look forward to, in spite of best efforts, is sitting on my back deck with a Corona and Lyme.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: My Own Back Yard

Post by iiipopes »

nworbekim wrote:good one... i have never tried corona. i might do that on the next order we make.
You will probably find, as all of us who have imbibed such have found out, is that there is a reason for putting a small piece of lime in a Corona beer. :wink:
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

Uh, Corona beer has announced they are suspending production for a while due to the Corona Virus. Get it while you can!
Bearin' up!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I’m partial to Molson Ice in the fortified beer category...
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

nworbekim wrote: sinusitis is killing me right now! i mowed last saturday and have been stopped up since. it's not a good time for that! sinus or virus? time will tell.... :D
Post your update here since you can no longer post it in the you know what thread.... :shock:

:lol:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

scottw wrote:Uh, Corona beer has announced they are suspending production for a while due to the Corona Virus. Get it while you can!
Or not. Mexican lager: On my annual trip to Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa with my band to play the fundraiser concert for the ex-pat sailboat club to raise money for building supplies for the schools, I much prefer Pacifico, Modelo Especial (ironically, Corona's parent company), Victoria (another Modelo product).
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

nworbekim wrote:i've heard about that (adding lime to Corona and other beer) but I don't think i'd like it. i'm not used to the "finer" beer.
Finer beer? LOL!!! In Mexico, Corona is the cheapest-a$$ $#!+ beer there is, bottled in the old-fashioned brown round-top bottles. The USA market is pure marketing bull$#!+ and the lime is truly nothing but a gimmick to make it drinkable. That is what my "winking" emoji was trying to get at in my prior post.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

A very large moon is to the East, a very bright Venus is in the West.

Venus happens to be close to a bright star that just makes it appear larger and brighter than ever!!
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

iiipopes wrote:
nworbekim wrote:i've heard about that (adding lime to Corona and other beer) but I don't think i'd like it. i'm not used to the "finer" beer.
Finer beer? LOL!!! In Mexico, Corona is the cheapest-a$$ $#!+ beer there is, bottled in the old-fashioned brown round-top bottles. The USA market is pure marketing bull$#!+ and the lime is truly nothing but a gimmick to make it drinkable. That is what my "winking" emoji was trying to get at in my prior post.
But it seems like Corona did have its purpose, at least "back in the day"...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7b5QyISsB8" target="_blank

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

Corona taught me to be careful when uttering foreign words. It was in a local Mexican restaurant, right next to the university, with a sort of beach shack style and a distinctive menu. They make a fine grapefruit margarita and I look forward to that when I go there. It was advertised on the chalkboard as toronja, Spanish for grapefruit, so that's what I asked for. Imagine my disappointment when the waitress returned with a bottle of Corona with a quarter of lime inserted in the mouth.
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

I keep checking this thread for tangerines and elephants.

I also woulda thought you put the lime in the coconut, but i see no coconut neither.

Well.

I am used to disapointment.
Thanks for playing!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Heavy_Metal wrote:
iiipopes wrote:
But it seems like Corona did have its purpose, at least "back in the day"...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7b5QyISsB8" target="_blank" target="_blank

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Not usually a weird Al fan but... 8)