Happy Easter!

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Happy Easter!

Post by bort »

For those who celebrate...

Happy Easter! He is risen!

Has been a strange Easter to be physically separated from family, but we are making the best of it. It has also snowed all day today (forecast is 4 inches...?) so I can't help but think that lots of traffic accidents were avoided today, as well.

We attended church virtually last night for Easter Vigil. The cool part was being able to attend pretty much any church, anywhere. We picked St Patrick's in NYC, which was cool, because we went there frequently when we lived there (we belonged to a different Parrish, but still... It's At Patrick's).

At the end of the service (getting up from the couch), my older son (almost 5) comes up to me with a stick he found in the yard and puts in in my face near my eyes. I was worried, what's this kid going to poke me in the face for... he said "don't move." He then drew a cross on my forehead with the stick and said "because it's Easter."

Today... Candy, Easter Bunny stuff, and then a good solid sugar high and crash... As good as it gets for 2 and 4 year old kids. Oh, and yes, playing in the snow.

I hope you all have a Happy Easter, Happy Passover, or if you celebrate neither, then just have a good Sunday.

Peace, from bort and Family.
MN_TimTuba

Re: Happy Easter!

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Brett,
And a Happy Easter to you and yours! Yes, He is risen, indeed!
On-line worship service here, too, and last week was something different - on-line communion. Different, but still good.
Since we were unable to hide eggs, etc, for grandkids we sent them all goodies for their baskets, enjoyed a quiet Easter dinner for two, then had a full-family video chat in the afternoon. Read the kids a Berenstain Bears book. Again, different, but making the best of it. Tip - get a copy of Hand, Hand, FIngers, Thumb, and read it with increasing tempo, volume, and intensity. If you're nearly screaming and shaking for the final pages you're doing it right. The grandkids do approve.
Take care one and all.
Tim
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Happy Easter to you!!

Didn’t get in our regular visit but my wife’s Mac n cheese and glazed ham steak were remarkable....
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

And for those who, like me, sorely missed playing our music- bloke & co. to the rescue:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59888" target="_blank

:tuba: :tuba: :tuba:
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

And in case you missed it, Orthodox Easter is this Sunday!! 8)
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.