Wired ROKU

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Wired ROKU

Post by MaryAnn »

Possible? No wifi, don't want wifi, wifi gives me a terrible headache and upset stomach. Would love to have ROKU but know zero. Tiny TV has USB port.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Wired ROKU

Post by bort »

I have an old Roku 3, which has an Ethernet port and HDMI.

I don't know how to connect HDMI to USB, but would imagine it can be done.
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

Don't have Amazon prime, matter of principle. (if I were male I'd be an old coot.) The macbook died and now I have a Vaio which I needed in order to use Audition, which I do with volunteer work. I'll look into the firestick but suspect I'll have to talk to salespeople before I can find out, and for the near future that's going to be impossible. I'm not really looking to get a new big TV because there have been repeated instances where I lost everything I had and I just stopped getting new expensive stuff.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

You can get a YOOGE TV for less than $400 now.

It was probably 2k+ the last time you seriously looked.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

nworbekim wrote:i use my laptop to watch television a lot. my wife commandeers the big tv...
In our house, the wife has to watch the 5:30pm media smack down every night that way!! :lol:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Post by WC8KCY »

The Roku Ultra has an Ethernet port for wired networks.