Face Masks

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Face Masks

Post by Ace »

By now, most of us have come to realize the importance of using face masks during the pandemic, especially in urban areas.
Here is a handy video explaining how to make face masks in your very own home. Caution: This is funny. I feel sorry for the woman, but can't help laughing at her. I'm only human. Ha

https://youtu.be/U4c5eo_3-y0" target="_blank

Ace
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Face Masks

Post by WC8KCY »

Despite recent recommendations regarding the universal usage of face masks, I am not going to wear one while playing the tuba.
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

I had a supply of gardeners masks on hand before the Coronavirus thing emerged. I bought that box of 50 masks at CVS for just a few dollars about five years ago. I know what you mean when you say you use masks when working on your farm. I don't have a farm here in Berkeley, but do have a yard with grasses, trees, shrubs, etc., some of which give off dust and pollens. By the way, I enjoy tales of outdoor, rural, and farm life that you post along with posts by Bloke and a few others. Especially, the rough-weather reports.

Ace
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Methinks the lady be hep to herself... :lol:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Oh, now you’ve REALLY done it!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

SteveP wrote:My son and his friend stopped in Barstow, CA to buy gas on their way out here to visit with us in AZ. They were told that they would not be allowed to pump gas unless they wore a mask. Needless to say, they said sc... yo... and went to another station. This mask thing has gotten way out of control. Just today I noticed that a veterinarian here in Havasu had red cones in every other PARKING SPACE in the lot for 'social distancing'. Come on folks, enough is enough.
Sorry...very wrong...listen to Dr Fauci...
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

I can tell by some of the replies they didn't even watch the video. It's a spoof by Stephnie Weir, who is a comedian and was on MAD TV for awhile. I split a gut watching this. Very funny.

Thanks Ace for sharing. Hilarious!
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Sorry...very wrong...listen to Dr Fauci...[/quote]

or (if seeking truth), listen to this: (fwiw, at the end: NOT complimentary of "he who Mark dislikes")
:arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHhyLvH7FQg
(warning: requires a 12-minute attention span, and an open mind.)

bloke "Masks can be some of the worst contaminants...as pointed out above."[/quote]

My money is on Fauci......
gwwilk
3 valves
3 valves

Post by gwwilk »

Rick F wrote:I can tell by some of the replies they didn't even watch the video. It's a spoof by Stephnie Weir, who is a comedian and was on MAD TV for awhile. I split a gut watching this. Very funny.

Thanks Ace for sharing. Hilarious!
Exactly! Great laughs there, and all in fun. :lol:
Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com
gwwilk
3 valves
3 valves

Post by gwwilk »

Somehow, but predictably I suppose, this thread has been derailed into the quicksand of political posturing and mudslinging.

It's a shame because it began as humor.
Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

bloke wrote:wow... :shock: ALREADY censored. :shock:

ie. "Take that down NOW, or take off your scrubs and don't come back."

That's the problem when google, facebook, youtube, instagram, twitter, etc., control all communication...and they're all the same people.

more on (nope, not politics, but) the virtue of skepticism:

Poor guy, should have been Sponsored by the teachers union. They, seemingly, can push any misleading narrative they chose on Facebook!! :lol:
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

SteveP wrote:My son and his friend stopped in Barstow, CA to buy gas on their way out here to visit with us in AZ. They were told that they would not be allowed to pump gas unless they wore a mask. Needless to say, they said sc... yo... and went to another station. This mask thing has gotten way out of control. Just today I noticed that a veterinarian here in Havasu had red cones in every other PARKING SPACE in the lot for 'social distancing'. Come on folks, enough is enough.
100% agree, it's about control not health at this point. The numbers have flattened and some states with literally zero new cases. Time to go back to work and start playing music together again.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Sorry, it IS about health, period....
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

Where I live, most places (namely grocery stores) won't even let you shop there unless you are wearing a mask - personal choice is not an option, whether wearing one is legally mandatory or not (and I was under the impression it was just an official "recommendation").

The alternative is not eating.
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Face masks are only needed when social distancing isn't possible. What's ridiculous is when I see people walking down the street alone with a mask on, when I see people riding a mountain bike down a trail with a facemask on, ...even driving their car with a facemask on... all times when it seriously makes zero difference.

Plus, people still don't get (and may never really "get") that facemasks are for OTHER people to not get YOUR germs. It's not to keep YOU from getting THEIR germs.

Early on, I heard a quote from someone on TV -- can't remember, and don't really care -- that was something like "Homemade face masks are better than nothing. They're not much better than nothing, but they're better than nothing." :roll:
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

I am the original poster in this thread. I had not expected the intended humor in my post would shift or devolve to the extent it has. There is NOTHING humorous about the great threat that the Covid-19 pandemic poses for our nation. However, perhaps it was not clear that the intended purpose of my link in the original message was to humorously detract from the fright and anxiety we are experiencing around the world. If you wish, please look at that video link again in my original post------the comedienne is masterful, I think.

Best, Ace
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

hrender wrote:Ace -- I agree with your point regarding the comedienne. I apologize if I helped steer the thread into the weeds.
Oh, Hal. Sorry. My comments were not directed to you in any way. Actually, you are one of my favorites in this board. Your posts about instruments for sale are welcomed and appreciated by all of the TubeNet members.

Best, Ace
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Same here, sorry to detail, Ace.

My mom made me a mask out of a tuba fabric she had at her house. Will have to post a photo!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

bort wrote:
Early on, I heard a quote from someone on TV -- can't remember, and don't really care -- that was something like "Homemade face masks are better than nothing. They're not much better than nothing, but they're better than nothing." :roll:
They show everyone how much you care, and how much non wearers want everyone dead!! :shock:

Get your cool Maryland mask here, homeboy. :tuba:

https://www.routeoneapparel.com" target="_blank
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Three Valves wrote:
bort wrote:
They show everyone how much you care, and how much non wearers want everyone dead!! :shock:

Get your cool Maryland mask here, homeboy. :tuba:

https://www.routeoneapparel.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

^ Nice!

Side note, speaking of tattoos on the other thread, I told my wife a long time ago that I want an arm tattoo of the Maryland flag... I think that would look pretty slick. I actually want it with the colors inverted... But shes worried people would just think it was done wrong.