When walking down a street

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.

and a dog barks at you through a chain-link fence, do you

stop, and bark back at it until you think that your barking has defeated the dog’s barking?
44%
walk on down the street?
56%

Total votes: 9

hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Re: When walking down a street

Post by hup_d_dup »

It depends on why the dog is barking. You have to be more specific.

Also, why a chain link fence? What if it is a different type of fence? Or what is the dog is on a leash? Or maybe there is no fence or leash, but the dog just stays in the yard, perhaps because it is trained or maybe it is afraid, or maybe it just doesn't feel like going anywhere.

Another important thing to consider is what kind of dog is it? There are a lot of variables. For instance, what is the weather like when this is happening? Is it day or night?

Please get back to us with some details.

Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I have one answer for when I’m by myself and the other answer for when my wife is with me. 8)
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

Sometimes I will stop and glare it down. Sometimes that works and in any case it's fun to watch it just go nuts when I do that.