Tuba Chem Cleaning in Austin, TX

Repair and modification discussion
Tubad64
lurker
lurker

Tuba Chem Cleaning in Austin, TX

Post by Tubad64 »

Hey All,

does anybody know of a reputable tuba chem cleaning service in the Austin/Cedar Park Area? I just got a horn of my own(Wessex Wyvern) around 8 months ago and it is getting to about that time where I should probably get it cleaned. My private lesson teacher has had mixed results with a few different places, Strait Music has scratched multiple horns pretty badly and Thomas Instrument repair has provided subpar services returning the instrument without entirely removing all of the gunk. Both places have been understanding and fixed their mistakes each time, but I don't have the time right now to deal with getting my horn fixed because they messed up. I would be willing to drive an hour or two if necessary for a reputable cleaning.

thank you!
Alex Brown
Wessex Wyvern
:tuba:
BrassedOn
bugler
bugler

Re: Tuba Chem Cleaning in Austin, TX

Post by BrassedOn »

Tubas because of the size take a lot of care. I got MUCH better work at strait on my Sousa, euph and bones when it’s NOT marching season or just after. And not summer when the rentals come back.

Sam Ash in Dallas used to do very good repair, but my friends experience there was 10 years old.
"Do less, better."
19xx? Blessing Sousaphone BBb
1970s King 3b Silver Sonic
1976 Fender Precision bass