Bachaha E-flat trumpet

Repair and modification discussion
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Bachaha E-flat trumpet

Post by bort »

What's it cost to get something silver plated like this? Or what about cost for a tuba?

It's so much prep work... Much respect!
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

Here's a humorous story which may or may not be true.  It was passed on to me by an old New York pro trumpet player who played a lot of jobs with William Vacchiano, great trumpet player in the New York Philharmonic for many years. In the orchestra, Vacchiano loved to play almost everything on his little D trumpet.  One conductor chastised him in front of the whole orchestra saying that he didn't want any of those little sissy trumpets in the orchestra.  Vacchiano went to a trumpet builder (Bach?) and obtained a custom model D with very long bell so that the conductor would think Vacchiano was now playing a big Bb or C horn.  The trick worked.  The conductor said, "Bill, that is much better than that little trumpet you were playing."          -Ace
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Ace wrote:Here's a humorous story which may or may not be true.  It was passed on to me by an old New York pro trumpet player who played a lot of jobs with William Vacchiano, great trumpet player in the New York Philharmonic for many years. In the orchestra, Vacchiano loved to play almost everything on his little D trumpet.  One conductor chastised him in front of the whole orchestra saying that he didn't want any of those little sissy trumpets in the orchestra.  Vacchiano went to a trumpet builder (Bach?) and obtained a custom model D with very long bell so that the conductor would think Vacchiano was now playing a big Bb or C horn.  The trick worked.  The conductor said, "Bill, that is much better than that little trumpet you were playing."          -Ace

Likely true. I can think of several similar stories I was either part of or witnessed...
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?