Older YCB-621 3/4 CC For Sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
threedognate
pro musician
pro musician

Older YCB-621 3/4 CC For Sale

Post by threedognate »

Neither out of vogue nor too expensive.

I am selling my Yamaha YCB-621. Horn is located in north-central Pennsylvania (Wellsboro). Pics are available at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yubanater/my_photos Selling because I just don't use the horn anymore and I'd like to use the $$$ for an EEb or F.

I bought the horn in 1991 and it was a few years old at that time. I used the horn for a year and a half at a Japanese theme park - perfect sound and size for that gig. Horn has been used only sporadically since about 1995. From 1991 to 1995 THIS HORN WAS WELL USED - and it shows. Two performances each day on a dock stage over Nagasaki Bay has left the instrument at about 60-70% on the silver plating. One fairly big dent in the bottom bow and a few smaller dings around the horn. One of the braces on the 3rd valve slide needs to be resoldered, but doesn't have much impact on the sound of the instrument.

The valves are great! The intonation is fantastic. I pulled this horn out this afternoon to give it a once-over, started playing and almost decided not to sell it. The sound is both compact and big. Great projection. Very responsive - a lot of fun to play.

I bought the horn from a room-mate who had done some work for Yamaha in the mid-80s. The story was that instead of paying him for this work they gave him the tuba. He claimed that he was told it had been the prototype for the 621 - used by Daellenbach for a few months and then given back to Yamaha when they presented the Canadian Brass tubist with a gold-plated 621 with a fifth valve.

Let me reiterate that this horn IS NOT THE PRETTIEST HORN AROUND. It should be replated. However, it is a FANTASTIC SOUNDING horn.

Asking $2000 + shipping. Make an offer. Shipping should be about $100 (FedEx), $120 (UPS), or $50 (Greyhound) - these are the rates I looked up to ship to the extremeties of the US.

Nate Rinnert
threedognate
pro musician
pro musician

Post by threedognate »

Comes with original Yamaha case - also shown in photos.
threedognate
pro musician
pro musician

Post by threedognate »

I will be happy to take this horn to ITEC in Denver, if the horn is still available at that time.

Nate!
threedognate
pro musician
pro musician

Post by threedognate »

Lots of interest in this horn the past day or so. Currently holding the instrument for a couple of guys who are trying to sell horns first.

Will still entertain offers.

Nate!
threedognate
pro musician
pro musician

Post by threedognate »

A great deal!
mTaUrBkA
3 valves
3 valves

Post by mTaUrBkA »

that sounds like a great deal! too bad i'm a broke teenager!
threedognate
pro musician
pro musician

Post by threedognate »

You'll grow out of it.
quinterbourne
4 valves
4 valves

Post by quinterbourne »

If you have a small budget, you'll never find a better deal than this.
Tubaguyry
bugler
bugler

Post by Tubaguyry »

Wow, I can't believe no takers yet. $2000 for that horn is pretty sweet. If I didn't already have Yama-clone Weril (pretty much the same horn), I'd be all over this.

Certainly it can't be because of the plating and a few small dents, can it? Do people actually give a rat's a** about LOOKS? Is THAT why some of these other used horns go for such ridiculously high, almost-NEW prices...because they LOOK pretty?

I sure hope that's not it...sound matters, not looks.

Buy this horn, if you need a small horn and can get $2k together.
Ryan Rhodes
Springfield, MO

Big Mouth Brass J-445LQ F
JinBao 600S F
1919 Holton Eb
1964 Olds O-97 BBb sousaphone

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
threedognate
pro musician
pro musician

Post by threedognate »

Thanks Ryan.
mTaUrBkA
3 valves
3 valves

Post by mTaUrBkA »

I am finnishing up my sophomore year of high school. My goal is to get a CC quintet horn either senior year of HS or freshman year of college. Hopefully I deal like this will come my way later on! Time to start summer jobs!
threedognate
pro musician
pro musician

Post by threedognate »

Here's to great deals for young musicians!
MikeMilnarik
3 valves
3 valves

Tuba

Post by MikeMilnarik »

Nate,

I sent you an email through TubeNet on Friday but haven't gotten a response yet. Please check your inbox and email me off the Board.

Thanks,

Mike Milnarik
mike@tubastudio.com