Lightly used mouthpieces for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Mike Finn
3 valves
3 valves

Lightly used mouthpieces for sale

Post by Mike Finn »

I seem to have an overabundance of "demo" mouthpieces on hand at the moment, and need to move some of them to make room for new inventory (and new designs). Please e-mail me directly at sales@mikefinnmouthpieces.com if you are interested in any of the following:
MF4 Gold, like new: $125
MF2 Gold, Excellent cond. $115
MF3B Gold, good: $105 (on hold)
MF3H Silver, like new with minor blemish on outer edge of rim: $95
several MF1, 2, and 3, silver, in good condition: $85 each
I've also got a few of my designs with slightly smaller shanks, from an earlier run, before I changed to the larger "standard" ( :roll: ) shank size that my mouthpieces feature now. These pieces are used, and would be great for someone with a smaller receiver on their horn, but not quite as small as the Bass Trombone-sized "small shank" offered by some makers.
First come, first served. I will update this page as necessary.
As always, thank you for your support.
MF
Last edited by Mike Finn on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Can you post the tip end outside diameter of the shank of your "smaller shank" mouthpieces so we can get an idea of how they would fit into the smaller "older Boosey-Besson" or "older Eb" receivers? Thanks.
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K
Mike Finn
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Mike Finn »

Good question! On the smaller shanks, the outside tip diameter is about 0.5" or roughly 0.02" smaller than the standard size. For comparison, Bach lists their bass trombone shank as 0.496" and their tuba mpc tip at 0.519", so it's definitely closer to "small" than it is to "Standard/Large".
On the other hand, I've got two old Conn Eb mouthpieces, a "Special" and a "Giant" that both measure 0.51 at the tip. Go figure! To confuse matters more (or perhaps clarify?) my Wick 2 measures about 0.48" at the tip, and this is the standard "small" European shank as far as I know. So... I guess that places my "smallish" shank pretty squarely between the Wick and the current "standard/large" American shank.
Hope that helps!
M "perhaps guilty of giving too much info, and not for the first time" F
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Mike Finn wrote:M "perhaps guilty of giving too much info, and not for the first time" F
Not at all! Thanks for the info!
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K
Mike Finn
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Mike Finn »

listing updated, still some great deals! Small shank mouthpieces are just MF1, 2, or 3. The newer models all have the large shank (for now...)
MF
trseaman
4 valves
4 valves

Post by trseaman »

Hey Mike...

I've purchased two MF-2's from you with much satisfaction! I purchased the second one after I left my MP case on the top of my truck!!! :oops: I have another admission about the second MP... About a month after that purchase I was practicing at the kitchen table. My 18mo son fell and hurt himself while I was watching. I quickly placed the tuba on the table with the MP hanging over the edge. The bump of sitting the tuba down released the MP which of course bounced around the kitchen floor. And yes, it is tiled... So now I've got several marks around the rim. They do not affect playing in anyway but my perfect MF-2 is now in well used (or abused) condition...

Anyone looking for or wondering about Mike Finn MP's should only contact Mike to answer any questions. He's easy to work with and his MP's are the best!!!

Regards, Tim :D