FS/FT Wisemann 900 Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

FS/FT Wisemann 900

Postby cktuba » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:58 am

I'm considering selling my Wisemann 900. To start off, I have a horn in mind I am trying to buy and to make a lateral move into that slightly smaller and lighter horn... I need to get $6100 out of mine. There is a significant price hike coming on the new Wisemann 900 horns, so that will impact the used market as well. The only horns that I'm interested in trading for (other than the one that I'm currently looking at) are a Kalison KAB77 or a Miraphone 1291. Comes with case and Protec C241 gig bag.
Last edited by cktuba on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cktuba
6 valves
6 valves

Location: A department store freeing a man trapped inside what I believe to be a "Martin Mammoth."

Re: FS/FT Wisemann 900

Postby cktuba » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 am

cktuba
6 valves
6 valves

Location: A department store freeing a man trapped inside what I believe to be a "Martin Mammoth."

Postby Tubaguyry » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:16 pm

cktuba wrote:... There is a significant price hike coming on the new Wisemann 900 horns ...

Well that's discouraging. :(
Ryan Rhodes
Springfield, MO

Big Mouth Brass J-445LQ F
JinBao 600S F
1919 Holton Eb
1960s Olds Bb sousaphone

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Tubaguyry
bugler
bugler

Postby Salazarsam33 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am

Any news?
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Postby bloke » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:51 pm

I don't own one of these, and don't plan to.
I like these a lot...but (I suppose) the scale tips 2% farther (to my tastes) towards the model I've chosen to own.
"Resale" with continental-Asia-made instruments, is a factor. That having been said, most of a widely-known perceived-to-be-Japanese manufacturer's instruments are made on the continent - in the same country as Wisemann. :|
Currently, I know of no one offering these Wisemann 900 tubas "new" in the USA, so "availability" (of a fine model of tuba) acts as a "counterweight" against "perception due to country of origin" - again, with most so-called "Japanese" instruments, these days, being not made in Japan.
The Wisemann 900 tubas are pricey (to dealers).
Resale issues ASIDE, (hypothetically...)
Were [1] I required to chose a blind-purchased Wisemann 900 or a blind-purchased PT-6P for my OWN use, [2] they cost the same, and [3] I was required to never sell the tuba I chose, I'd pick a Wisemann 900. Most of these (to my judgement) play better most PT-6P tubas (bloke says, as many - in particular, PT-6P owners - raise their eyebrows or bunch up their faces).
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Postby KyleRichter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Horn Guys is currently offering these new. There was a brief period of time where they were unable to get them, but Steve placed an order for four brand new silver ones that should be arriving in the next few weeks.
KyleRichter
bugler
bugler

Postby bloke » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 pm

There is an old joke about pork chops' pricing/availability...
Would you like me to tell it?
bloke

Return to For Sale by Owner