(On hold) BMB large bell F tuba (relisted) Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

(On hold) BMB large bell F tuba (relisted)

Postby chronolith » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 pm

(Original unaltered ad as recovered from messages):

I have a large bell silver BMB F with some customizations that I am looking to trade for a 4/4 CC tuba. BMB F is in excellent shape with no damage and comes with soft case. Pictures on request via PM.

Customizations include a shortened 1st slide, removal of the 3rd slide bar, alignment of slides, and venting of the 1st and 4th valve. I was going to remove the big crossbar but I am leaving it in for the new owner if they want to keep it.

I am looking for a 4/4 CC tuba is good shape. Especially interested in a rotary PT4 or Yamaha 661.

F is in Chicago and willing to do a little driving for a trade. Shipping is on the table also but obviously not my first choice.

These horns sell new (and uncustomized) for $5155. I will sell it outright for $4400 including shipping.

Please PM me if you want to discuss.
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Re: (On hold) BMB large bell F tuba (relisted)

Postby chronolith » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Picture:
Attachments
J445SP_small_2.jpg
J445SP_small_2.jpg (82.24 KiB) Viewed 253 times
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Postby Salazarsam33 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:42 pm

How do you feel it plays with the shorter 1st?
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Postby chronolith » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 pm

There are a couple of traditional mid range slide pulls, notably A natural in the staff. But for the range starting at G at the top of the staff and above, the shortened slide gives loads of options for avoiding alternate fingerings. You can leave the slide pulled slightly and keep your alternates, but you no longer have to. Below the staff, Eb and D, tended to ride flat for me also so the shortened slide fixed that for me too.

In a few words: more options. With the slide being so conveniently accessible it seems ideal.
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Postby Salazarsam33 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks for the response, I recently squired a BMB F and also have a problem with the E - D riding low, aswell as the Ao the staff. How much tuba dod to cut down?
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Postby chronolith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:02 pm

It wasn't much. Have a look at the photo of mine and compare it to yours. I can also measure it if you need.
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Return to For Sale by Owner