FS: B&S Mel Culbertson F Tuba Prototype C.Krüspe Large Bell

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
AngeloPiazzini
bugler
bugler

FS: B&S Mel Culbertson F Tuba Prototype C.Krüspe Large Bell

Post by AngeloPiazzini »

For sale:

B&S F Tuba Mel Culbertson Prototype ( Mel Culbertson Collection) - C.Krüspe Large Bell

For sale this B&S F Tuba that was developed and set-up by Mel Culbertson, moreover to obtain a rich and warm sound was changed the bell with a Krüspe Large Bell

The instrument plays really very well, has a great response in all registers, in particular it's very easy in the middle and upper register and has a very big and powerful sound in the low register too.
The Kruspe Large Bell is very resonant and permits to obtain a warm and rich sound.

This Tuba is part of the Mel Culbertson Collection.
Mel Culbertson one of the Greatest Tuba Legend, Teacher, and renowned artist and musician in the world.

For further informations, details, price, and other contact me in Private here on Tube Net

I'm asking the amount of 5000 Eur for this great instrument!

Angelo Piazzini

P.S. See my videos on my You Tube Channel and Facebook Channel to hear as it can play!!

You Tube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngeloPiazzini" target="_blank
Last edited by AngeloPiazzini on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: FS: B&S Mel Culbertson F Tuba Prototype

Post by bort »

...and not everyone has a Facebook account, to view your photos.

Sounds like a neat tuba!
AngeloPiazzini
bugler
bugler

Post by AngeloPiazzini »

The Tuba is located in Montespertoli (Florence) Italy.

I don't know to do, to put the pictures in Tube Net. Please, Tell me as I should do to add the pics to my announcement .
THE TUBA
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Post by THE TUBA »

[/post]
TheHatTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Post by TheHatTuba »

Just looking at it, is it fair to say that it's a standard B&S F body with the bottom bow trimmed at the large end for the Kruspe bell? I would imagine that it has better intonation than the production version if this is the case.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

The Culbertson F tubas were REALLY big F tubas... and this also appears to be quite large. With a powerful low register, it seems more like a small CC tuba than a large F tuba.

Very cool... I wish I could spend a few minutes playing it!