Selmer Signet Sousaphone. *SOLD*

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Jthaxton12
bugler
bugler

Selmer Signet Sousaphone. *SOLD*

Post by Jthaxton12 »

Hi everyone,

I have a BBb Selmer Signet Sousaphone for sale. Everything with the horn is original. It has a hard wooden case with handles, in good condition. The Neck and bits are in excellent condition and are original. It is a smooth fiberglass with satin brass finish.
The serial number is 716234.
Feel free to add history and age if you know anything about it!

The horn plays amazingly clear, and in tune. It projects a nice dark crisp sound.

I am asking $900. I am located in the Greater Cleveland Ohio area. Will drive or meet half way if buyer is close. I recommend not shipping.
Pictures will be at the link below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1UtecEcXiHaoc5x2" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Thanks!!
Last edited by Jthaxton12 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua Thaxton
304-553-6153
Jthax90@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Phi Mu Alpha
BMB J865SP CC 19in Bell
Conn 14J Naked Lady Eb
Stofer Gieb, Alliance H2, Kanstul Eb/F
Schlipf Mute #12
Giddings - Bora / DiCesare
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Selmer Signet Sousaphone

Post by Kirley »

Is the brass painted? It kinda looks like it.
I’ve heard good things about these horns.
Good luck!
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I own (and play) one of these sousas. I have several sousas but the Selmer 'Signet' is my primary parade horn. To me... they seem to play better than any of the other commode-O-phones I've owned and played.

These were sold under many names. Selmer, Bundy, Buescher, Mercedes, and maybe some other 'stencil' names I've not seen. I think you will find the serial numbers consistent with the Buescher/Bundy sequence noted in on-line resources and the Allied catalog. 630,000 through 785,000 were supposedly made between 1975 and 1980.

Buescher was purchased by Selmer in 1963. Apparently Bundy production started in 1952. These horns were made in Elkhart.

Of course... I don't factually know any of the above and am simply passing on information published by others.

And 'yes' to another poster.... the brass is painted gold.... at lease on the ones branded Selmer 'Signet'. I don't have a clue why.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Jthaxton12
bugler
bugler

Post by Jthaxton12 »

Black Friday ONLY!!! $750 Buyer pays shipping or picks it up!
Joshua Thaxton
304-553-6153
Jthax90@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Phi Mu Alpha
BMB J865SP CC 19in Bell
Conn 14J Naked Lady Eb
Stofer Gieb, Alliance H2, Kanstul Eb/F
Schlipf Mute #12
Giddings - Bora / DiCesare
Jthaxton12
bugler
bugler