Mirafone 181 F tuba for sale 4500 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Jdtuba
lurker
lurker

Mirafone 181 F tuba for sale 4500 OBO

Post by Jdtuba »

Hey all, I’m looking to sell my Mirafone 181 F tuba. This instrument was made in the early 80s and is the precursor to all the F tubas Mirafone makes currently. Has a great sound that really sings in the high register and has a really solid bottom end as well. It comes with two different 5th valves slides that you can change depending on what valve combinations you like in the lower register. Horn has minor wear and tear from use. Only has one small dent on the bottom bow of the horn that doesn’t affect its playing ability.This horn would be perfect for someone looking to buy their first F tuba or if you are needing a daily player. I used it interchangeably with my CC for performances. I bought this horn in 2018 and the only reason I am trying to sell this is because it’s not getting a lot of play time from me and I can’t justify having 2 tubas sitting at the house if one is just collecting dust. Comes with a PT65S mouthpiece and a gig bag. $4500 or best offer. No trades
Pictures can be viewed here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LHVgYTkDhjnE6dAD7
PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks!
Last edited by Jdtuba on Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Mac
lurker
lurker

Re: Mirafone 180 F tuba for sale 4500 OBO

Post by Easy Mac »

That is not a 180. The 180 is MUCH smaller and less desireable. You have an early 181.

This is a 180…

Jdtuba
lurker
lurker

Re: Mirafone 181 F tuba for sale 4500 OBO

Post by Jdtuba »

Thanks a lot for that. I’ll adjust the post
Jdtuba
lurker
lurker

Post by Jdtuba »

Bump
anotherjtm2
bugler
bugler

Post by anotherjtm2 »

Does that have an interchangeable lead pipe?
John Morris
- playing modest old tubas in volunteer ensembles (including a vintage BBb 186 for sale)
Jdtuba
lurker
lurker

Post by Jdtuba »

No sir just the interchangeable 5th valve!
anotherjtm2
bugler
bugler

Post by anotherjtm2 »

Oh, ok. I thought I saw screw attachments for the lead pipe, instead of it being permanently soldered on, but I must have misinterpreted the pics.
John Morris
- playing modest old tubas in volunteer ensembles (including a vintage BBb 186 for sale)