Practice mute and trombones

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
molefsky
lurker
lurker

Practice mute and trombones

Post by molefsky »

My wife and I are expecting our first in early 2021 so she's "encouraged" me to part with some quality horns that I'm not using enough currently to justify holding on to.

Besson Sovereign, 3+1 valve compensating Eb. In excellent shape. Modern larger bell flare. Very in tune. Lacquer essentially 100% intact. If you're within a day's drive of Northwest Arkansas would prefer not to ship despite it having a nice condition hard case. $5750 OBO SOLD

Humes & Berg Stonelined Sh! Sh! Practice Mute for Tuba great condition. These are apparently hard to find even online at this point. Works well and is in solid cosmetic and physical condition. $100

I'm primarily a trombonist and am also selling some other stuff if anyone is a doubler etc...

2B - Vintage, late 40's I believe, H.N. White King 2b in nice shape. Plays very well; some typical shallow dents in bell, no apparent stocking wear on inner slide(!). I really like recording with this horn but I can't keep redundant horns to suit my mood at any given moment, or so my wife says :? . $1200 OBO

Olds Studio - Mid 60's I believe. This think plays. gorgeous cut to the sound. Nickel plated bell is thick and this thinf projects almost angrily :twisted: ... I love it. Slide isn't great but I don't care. It's fast even if it's not glassy. This is a workhorse and is great if you want to make sure you can be heard without killing yourself in a salsa, rock, or loud big band setting. $800 OBO

Motivated seller for previously mentioned reasons. Hit me up with any questions.
Last edited by molefsky on Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dougjones145
bugler
bugler

Re: Besson Sovereign Eb 3+1

Post by Dougjones145 »

Hi is the besson still available?

Thanks so much!

Doug Jones

Dougjones145@gmail.con
molefsky
lurker
lurker

Post by molefsky »

Yes Doug, in fact I just emailed you a link to some pics. I pm'd you back but it's stuck in my outbox(?). I have a newborn at home and haven't been as present online; sorry about that.
Martf125
lurker
lurker

Post by Martf125 »

I’m interested on the besson

9292349860 or ferrantuba@gmail.com
pioanna
lurker
lurker

Post by pioanna »

Hello. Is the SH SH mute still available?
Thanks,
Phil
molefsky
lurker
lurker

Post by molefsky »

pioanna wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:23 am Hello. Is the SH SH mute still available?
Thanks,
Phil
Yes it is.
pioanna
lurker
lurker

Re: Practice mute and trombones

Post by pioanna »

Hello
I believe I sent a PM but just in case can you please comtact me at ioannatuba2@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Phil