FS: Silver plated B&S MRP-F tuba SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

FS: Silver plated B&S MRP-F tuba SOLD

Post by ckalaher1 »

Up for sale is my B&S MRP-Fs. I am the first and only owner of this instrument. Has served me well for 4+ years, with a lot of use in both a quintet and orchestral setting. Quite flexible with regards to sound and color; can cut through a large ensemble or handle solo and quintet literature. Has the ability to mimic a rotary F sound or mimic a CC tuba, depending on setting and approach. This tuba has outstanding pitch, and is accessible in every register. Admittedly, I’ve never tried any mouthpiece on this tuba other than a PT-64, so I can’t speak to how mouthpiece sensitive the instrument is. Only selling because I’ve switched to rotors and bought a JBL Classics.

A few notes on this specific MRP-F:
-Baer style slide stop installed on the first valve slide by Martin Wilk
-The instrument is truly in outstanding condition; there is a single tiny pin-sized ping on the throat and a single pin-sized ping on the bottom bow.
-Silver plate is in great shape, with only superficial surface wear
-A barely used PT-64 will be included with the instrument
-Comes with the original SuperSac gig bag, which is in good shape, but does have 2 small tears on the outside
-Will include the factory issued B&S branded dust cover
-Alan Baer PVAK kit included

SOLD
Last edited by ckalaher1 on Tue May 31, 2022 5:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sousaswag
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Silver plated B&S MRP-F tuba $9000 or $9650 with MAW valves

Post by Sousaswag »

I purchased Casey’s other MRP instrument several months ago; a B&S MRP-C. I love that tuba, and it’s everything he said it is. Not a dent on it, and the pitch tendencies he described are spot on. He will not steer you wrong, and he takes great care of his stuff.

Casey and I met up halfway from our locations for a play test and transaction, and this was the easiest tuba purchase I’ve ever made, by far. He is prompt in responding to emails and text messages and is very easy to work with.

Somebody will get a great tuba from a great person. Bump!
Meinl Weston 5450RA Tuono
Willson 3200RZ-5
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Silver plated B&S MRP-F tuba SOLD

Post by ckalaher1 »

SOLD