SOLD: Meinl Weston 4-valve 4/4 CC Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jdmass
lurker
lurker

SOLD: Meinl Weston 4-valve 4/4 CC Tuba

Post by jdmass »

SOLD: a Meinl Weston “Bill Bell” model 4-valve 4/4 size CC tuba. I purchased the tuba used from a private party in 1999 and have used it regularly over the past 23 year in bands, orchestras, and primarily in a brass quintet.

The horn plays well in all ranges, and the rotary valves work well and are smooth. There are no major dents, just a few small dings that are cosmetic and do not impact playability at all. There are scratches and some areas of worn lacquer as would be typical of a well used instrument. When I first received the horn, it had a crease in the bell from shipping. This was repaired at the time by Osmun Brass in Massachusetts. Other than some minor lacquer discoloration and a small ding, The bell is currently fine. Other repairs have all been minor. During COVID, a spit valve was repaired, a brace was resoldered, valve bumpers were replaced, and the instrument was chemically cleaned.

I don’t have any prior history of the horn, but I do suspect it dates from the late 80s or early 90s.

The instrument is located in Sarasota, Florida and comes with a gig bag. I’d prefer to sell it locally, but would consider shipping at buyers expense.

Photos: https://1drv.ms/a/s!BKP-Rd35QC8yz98eM5jXLoFTczVSLg

Asking price: $2950
Last edited by jdmass on Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdmass
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 4-valve 4/4 CC Tuba

Post by jdmass »

Bump
jdmass
lurker
lurker

Post by jdmass »

Bump
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Cool tuba! Although these tubas have a relatively small bore, all of the Bell models that I have played have been very easy to play, and don't feel stuffy or anything (which was my false preconception before trying one!). Very nice sound, and the build quality you'd expect.

You don't see many of them with a fixed bell, so that's pretty cool. :)

Good luck!
jdmass
lurker
lurker

Post by jdmass »

Bump