Tommy Johnson's Neptune-SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
pakins51
bugler
bugler

Tommy Johnson's Neptune-SOLD

Post by pakins51 »

This horn was the Neptune that Tommy Johnson and John Van Houten owned and played in a few movies. It plays great and I love the sound but I’m personally looking for something a little smaller.

It has all 5 valves vented, a 2nd slide kicker, and lighter King braces to make the overall horn light for its size and a bit more responsive(This was done by either Tommy or John I cannot remember). All the valves and slides more great, it comes with a flat whole step slide and an older style two step slide. It also has a very nice Glenn Cronkite gig bag.

The First picture is how it looked when polished, the rest are how it is at the moment. I am about to take the horn to have it chem cleaned, polished, and have the bell crease(that you can barely see in the fourth photo) taken out.

Feel free to shoot be an offer or possible a trade for a rotary CC. I am located in Statesboro, Georgia and willing to drive around 4-5 hours to meet or ship at the buyers expense.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Kzk4B6mpRr
Last edited by pakins51 on Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
pakins51
bugler
bugler

Re: Tommy Johnson's Neptune-$8,500

Post by pakins51 »

Price Drop!
topguy123
lurker
lurker

Re: Tommy Johnson's Neptune-$8,500

Post by topguy123 »

PM sent!