SOLD: Cerveny Kaiser 601 CC, 5-valve, with hard case and cloth gig bag. $3,500 INCLUDING shipping to the continental US

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
RandyL
bugler
bugler

SOLD: Cerveny Kaiser 601 CC, 5-valve, with hard case and cloth gig bag. $3,500 INCLUDING shipping to the continental US

Post by RandyL »

A local (Greenville SC) friend who trades in wind instruments has a Cerveny tuba for sale as described in the subject line. He will move to Phoenix this weekend to enroll in a Master's program in horn at Arizona State in the fall, and he will likely take this tuba with him, though it's possible that he will leave it with me to sell for him. I played it a couple of days ago and found it to be a nice player, to the extent that my mediocre tuba skills can judge. I would guess the age at about 40 years. It was owned by a serious player who is now deceased. Clearly he was someone who took good care of the two tubas he left (one of which has been sold).

If someone in the Western states, where shipping from Phoenix will be cheaper, is interested I can put them into touch with the owner/seller. If someone in the Eastern States is interested, please let me know right away before the horn heads for Phoenix. Price for local pickup is $3,100. Higher if driving a significant distance to meet is required.

Pictures: (Apparently I have not found the proper way to insert pictures. If you right-click the entries below, you'll see options that will enable you to view the pics.)

Addendum: maybe this is the more proper way to share pictures. The following link should present a Google Drive folder containing three pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

Randy Leedy
Greenville, SC
Last edited by RandyL on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Cerveny Kaiser 601 CC, 5-valve, with hard case and gig bag. $3,500 INCLUDNG shipping

Post by RandyL »

Note that the price has been dropped from the original $4,000 plus any shipping; it is now $3,500 including 48-states shipping. Details on local pickup discount have been added to the original post.
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Cerveny Kaiser 601 CC, 5-valve, with hard case and cloth gig bag. $3,500 INCLUDNG shipping to the continental US

Post by RandyL »

Sorry that I apparently don't know the correct way to insert pictures. I've edited the original post to include instructions about right-clicking to view.
eutubabone
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Cerveny Kaiser 601 CC, 5-valve, with hard case and cloth gig bag. $3,500 INCLUDNG shipping to the continental US

Post by eutubabone »

Hi,
I am interested in the 601 CC. I'm playing a Piggy with a 2nd valve trigger (I designed) worth about same as your 601.Could you send pics to my email? The orchestra I perform in , Gwinnett Symphony, is doing Tschaik 6 and Verdi Requiem and I might need a larger tuba. I used to have a 5/4 Rudy CC but that was too large for the group. Worked great when I subbed for Atlanta Symphony and Macon Symphony, but I am retired now and no longer in the music union here in Atlanta.
Brent A. Vokes
770 402 4226
Eutubabone54@gmail.com
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Post by RandyL »

Will send pix as soon as I can get to that task, hopefully in less than an hour. In the meanwhile, you can try accessing them through the right-click, then Open Image in New Tab (at least that's how it works on Windows). Not sure what would happen on a Mac or a Phone. The "Load Image" command that Windows presents in the right-click menu doesn't seem to work on my system.
vandoeduardo
bugler
bugler

Post by vandoeduardo »

If it's the same I saw on Facebook, I think would be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Re0dM6vjNw
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Post by RandyL »

Yes, that's the horn. Thanks.
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Post by RandyL »

The owner took the tuba with him to Phoenix. He is enroute now. I'll continue to take TubeNet communications on his behalf until he gets settled in a few days. I'll also provide his contact info via private message. He is taking a southerly route through Texas on I-10 if someone along that route happens to see this post in the nick of time to hook up with him. I don't know how flexible his travel schedule is.
eutubabone
3 valves
3 valves

Post by eutubabone »

Oh well, hope he can sell it in Phoenix. I would have wanted to play it first, of course, before making a decision on it. Just not enough time to do it before the tuba was enroute to Phoenix. Safe travels!
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Post by RandyL »

Yes, he contacted me a little too late for the sequence of events after that to result in my getting this ad up soon enough to allow a little more time. He went through Atlanta yesterday morning, so we missed it by about a day--if his travel schedule would have allowed him to take time for a stop. I'm not up on all those details. A guy in Amarillo, TX, is interested, but that's the wrong part of the state. Maybe they can meet up somewhere between them before long, or perhaps someone more local to Phoenix will emerge. Shipping a tuba back and forth runs into a pile of money, unless maybe you can find someone to haul it pretty cheaply on U-Ship or something. And then if you buy the insurance, it gets expensive there, too. Sorry it didn't work out for you to get a crack at this horn in-person.
eutubabone
3 valves
3 valves

Post by eutubabone »

That's ok, thanks!
lutuba
lurker
lurker

Post by lutuba »

Where is the seller now? I’m in the Birmingham AL area and would be very much interested in buying this instrument.
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Post by RandyL »

You'll see in one of my posts above that he was en-route to Phoenix a few days ago and has possibly arrived there now. Wherever he is, he has left Birmingham well behind. I know he was in Mississippi last Friday night. What I don't know is whether he is visiting friends or family along the way or what his arrival date in Phoenix was to be. I texted him just now and will reply with an update when I hear back.

At any rate, it'll be a little tough for you to see and play the horn unless you want to risk the cost of a flight or something. I'll be glad to provide contact info via private message. Also my son, who is a much better tubist than I, gave the horn a decent play test, and I'm quite sure that he would be willing to talk to you about his observations. Jesse, the owner, is a hornist and not a tubist, so he can't talk firsthand about its playing characteristics.
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Post by RandyL »

Jesse has now been settling into Phoenix for a few days, so from this point forward I'm going to let him handle any communication regarding this horn. If anyone needs his contact info, please private message me for it.

Randy Leedy
Greenville SC
RandyL
bugler
bugler

Re: SOLD: Cerveny Kaiser 601 CC, 5-valve, with hard case and cloth gig bag. $3,500 INCLUDING shipping to the continental

Post by RandyL »

Jesse informed me today that this tuba has been sold.