Meinl Weston 2182W Warren Deck Model F Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
InsaneLeopard
lurker
lurker

Meinl Weston 2182W Warren Deck Model F Tuba

Post by InsaneLeopard »

Hi all,

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/kx62I74

Long time since I've been on here! I decided to make the tough decision of selling my Meinl Weston 2182W F Tuba. I purchased this horn my sophomore year of college, and while it is probably one of the most special things I own, I believe that it deserves to be enjoyed by someone who plays more than once a year.

I bought this horn from QuinnTheEskimo (now known as TheMightyQuinn) back in 2017. It served me through my undergrad degree, and I used it in several ensemble performances in addition to my senior recital. It has an amazing sound throughout all registers, and particularly a monstrous lower register (as many 2182 horns do). I used the Alan Baer MMVI F Mouthpiece on this the entire time I played - I felt like anything with a bigger bore would disrupt the sound. The horn will come with the mouthpiece.

I'm looking for a straight purchase of around $8,000.

Thanks! Please PM for more information. The horn is located in the midwest in the Chicagoland area.
Kurtis Curtis Qurtis
lurker
lurker

Re: Meinl Weston 2182W Warren Deck Model F Tuba

Post by Kurtis Curtis Qurtis »

By any chance, is this horn still available?