BMB 4/4 CC for sale SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
LCTuba89
bugler
bugler

Re: BMB 6/4 CC and 4/4 CC for sale

Post by LCTuba89 »

chronolith wrote:Dick Barth explained to me that the internal mechanism for the two horns are almost identical. Notable exception is the routing of the 5th valve tubing. The outer bows and bell obviously will be quite different.

The deception is not so much that the 6/4 is not larger, but the 4/4 itself is fairly plus sized (am I allowed to call it that)? Maybe a 4.5+/4. That's what makes it a good option for certain orchestra rep imho.
Although the the bell throat on the 6/4 is not that much larger than the throat on the 4/4 the bottom bows have a huge difference in size(The 6/4 being roughly 50% larger in that area). The 4/4 seems like a piston version of the Miraphone 188, though I haven't played either horn. I have played both CC and BBb 6/4's and I can tell you the BBb feels absolutely massive compared to the CC and the sound seems to match that comparison as well. I currently own the BBb 6/4.
Melton 2155R 5/4 CC Tuba
Conn International Rotary 4/4 BBb Tuba