Meinl Weston H-S F Tuba $5,495 (Hilgers Small)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Bove
pro musician
pro musician

Meinl Weston H-S F Tuba $5,495 (Hilgers Small)

Post by Bove »

Meinl Weston H-S F Tuba $5,495 (with fight case and Reunion Blues gig bag)

This tuba is handmade, and plays great. Five Valves, fifth valve is a long whole step. Great sound and response. The instrument is very clear and soloistic and can produce a classic German F Tuba sound.

It’s in nice condition, no major dents. The valves work great.

This instrument was originally purchased and used by Sam Pilafian, and subsequently by Andrew Hitz of the Boston Brass. It is about 15 years old. Andrew Hitz has put this instrument up for sale only because he never needs an F tuba for his playing with the Boston Brass.

Original price was over $10,000- just the dealer cost today on this special-order instrument exceeds $8,000. The wheeled anvil-style case was custom made by a company that normally manufactures cases for sensitive electronic and optical equipment, and is extremely well built.

Please email or call with any questions.

Although this is a fair price, if you would only be interested if it were lower, let me know. It would be nice to sell it sooner rather than later and I will consider any offer.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have... also, the instrument is in New York City- if you would like to come by and check it out, just let me know. Thanks! :D
-Andy

Pictures online:
http://bovetuba.tripod.com/
Last edited by Bove on Sun May 23, 2004 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bove
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Bove »

Lowered the price to $5,495... and it now includes a Reunion Blues Gig Bag.
Andrew Bove
Freelance Tuba NYC
AndrewBove.com
Producer/Audio Engineer
BoveAudio.com
Bove
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Bove »

check it out...
Andrew Bove
Freelance Tuba NYC
AndrewBove.com
Producer/Audio Engineer
BoveAudio.com
Bove
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Bove »

This tuba has been sold.
...nice talking with all of you who have been interested.
Andrew Bove
Freelance Tuba NYC
AndrewBove.com
Producer/Audio Engineer
BoveAudio.com