FS: Modified Besson Model 180

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
QuigleyJ
lurker
lurker

FS: Modified Besson Model 180

Post by QuigleyJ »

The model 180 is a 3+1 compensating euphonium with a 12” detachable front-facing bell. It was produced in the late 60’s and typically takes a medium-shank mouthpiece, but mine is modified to take a small shank mouthpiece. The valves on the horn work great. I’m no great judge on the compression, but the horn doesn’t sound airy when played, so I don’t think there are any leaks. All slides and valves move freely. There is a slight bell crease and some minor denting elsewhere, but nothing that affects playability. With the horn, I would include a small shank mouthpiece, a medium shank Besson 10 mouthpiece (in case you would want to re-modify the horn), and a hard case in okay condition.

I don’t know how much this horn is worth, so I am open to offers. I am located near Milwaukee, WI, and can travel four to five hours.

If you’d like pictures, have questions, or would like to make an offer, feel free to email me at jtq2000@gmail.com
QuigleyJ
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Modified Besson Model 180

Post by QuigleyJ »

Price Update!

i am now asking $950 plus shipping or $900 if someone would like to meet me within 3 hours of Milwaukee, WI. Again, if you would like pictures or playing recordings, feel free to email me at jtq2000@gmail.com
QuigleyJ
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Modified Besson Model 180

Post by QuigleyJ »

After looking into replacing the mouthpiece receiver, I see how much of a pain it would be. I’m therefore reducing the price to $700 plus shipping.