Gronitz PCK - $17,000 CAD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Buddy
bugler
bugler

Gronitz PCK - $17,000 CAD

Post by Buddy »

Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to sell my PCK to fund a larger purchase. Here's everything you'll need to know.

I bought the horn from Dave Fedderly in December 2018. I don’t recall exactly who the previous owner of the horn was, but to my recollection, the previous owner was a musician in “The President’s Own.” I’ve used the horn professionally, am currently using it professionally, and have had success using it in auditions.

Here’s a list of additions and modifications I’ve had done to the horn:

- I’ve added an Al Baer Piston Valve Alignment Kit.
- I’ve installed a Nirschl lead pipe.
- I’ve added lightweight springs.
- All valves on the tuba are vented.
- The 1st and 4th slides are lapped.
- I’ve added custom finger buttons courtesy of Paul’s Custom Brasswork.
- I’ve added a MAW piston block.
- I’ve had the tuba reassembled.

Because the recognition is well deserved, Pierre-Olivier Duceppe from Twigg Musique in Montreal expertly installed a MAW piston block onto the horn, and while he was at it, reassembled the horn to my liking, along with any recommendations he thought would be well suited for optimal performance. A near two-month project with regular communication that was WELL worth the wait. I believe a few photos of the project can be found on the Twigg Musique Facebook page for anyone who happens to have an interest.

I am selling the tuba and a Cronkite gig bag for 17,000 CAD, including shipping. I will also include braces that I had removed during reassembly.

The horn is currently in Winnipeg, Canada, but I travel back and forward between Montreal.

If you have the means to make the trip to Winnipeg preferably, I would prefer it to be a serious buyer, but I’d be more than happy to allow you to play-test it. I will not, however, ship the horn for a play-test, nor will I offer a trial week after purchase.

Photos are available at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I’d be more than happy to talk logistics with any serious potential buyer. I’ll also be willing to listen to any serious offers. I am not interested in trades.
Buddy
bugler
bugler

Re: Gronitz PCK - $17,000 CAD

Post by Buddy »

Bump. A bit of a price drop, and price changed from USD to CAD. Considering offers from serious potential buyers.