FS Kanstul 80-S 3/4 piston F $ O L D

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jgoro
bugler
bugler

FS Kanstul 80-S 3/4 piston F $ O L D

Post by jgoro »

Hi all,

For sale I have a Kanstul 80-S 3/4 piston F tuba, with a uniquely designed lightweight oversized 5th rotor. This is an incredible little machine, and it plays very easily. I purchased this horn from someone who worked at the Kanstul factory at the time of their closing; it was allegedly a prototype and was left in unbuffed raw brass. The valve block is removable so it wouldn't be a hard job to have it plated, if desired. I like the patina it's developed as is. There is exactly one dent, which is a little smaller than a quarter and is pictured; otherwise this horn is in factory condition.

As stated, this horn plays incredibly well. Intonation is not difficult to manage with the factory tuning slide rod, though most notes are perfectly lippable if that's more your speed. Slots aren't too loose but they're also not too tight, so both pitch and tone can be bent as needed without loss of resonance. On the note of resonance, Kanstul's alleged copy of the York gold brass alloy, whether accurate or not, resulted in a lightweight horn that vibrates VERY freely. The thing just rings, and the sound is quite deep for a horn of this size. I'd liken its playing characteristics to the Adams Solo F; the Adams projects a little better and has a brighter sound, the Kanstul is a touch easier to play in the high range and low range and sounds warmer, very similar pitch and response otherwise. Bigger sound than a Yamaha 621 or the Adams. Bell is 16"; initial bore is .689″, .710″ through the 4th, .734″ through the 5th. The horn will come with a Gard bag designed for this size instrument. I adore this instrument and will be sad to part with it, but I'm playing much more trombone than tuba at this point and need the cash to fund trombone ventures (good contras are not cheap, and I need that more than a bass tuba). I would keep this horn if I had the option.

Pics of the horn here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I'd like $5500 OBO. Horn is located in Nashville, TN and I'd be willing to drive a considerable distance to meet someone to make an exchange. If necessary, I can ship at buyer's expense. Contact me at jgoromusic@gmail.com to discuss.

Justin
Last edited by jgoro on Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jgoro
bugler
bugler

Re: FS Kanstul 80-S 3/4 piston F $5500

Post by jgoro »

Holiday bump
jgoro
bugler
bugler

Re: FS Kanstul 80-S 3/4 piston F $5500

Post by jgoro »

Forgot to update but this horn has sold.