SOLD Schiller 4-piston 3/4 CC (YCB-621 copy) $1100

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jgoro
bugler
bugler

Post by jgoro »

Hi all,

For sale I have a 3/4 Schiller 4-valve piston CC tuba in lacquer. This is a copy of the Yamaha 621 CC. I am the second owner of this instrument and bought it about 3 years ago. This horn plays surprisingly well. I bought it just to use as a practice instrument for Arban's work and general efficiency practice and frankly I did not hold high expectations, but I ended up liking it enough to perform with it multiple times. I used it in the Eastman Jazz Ensemble, multiple chamber groups, and even used it in the Eastman Wind Ensemble and it did everything that was needed in each setting.

Being that this is a JinBao horn, there are places where the finish isn't 100% perfect due to plating and buffing inconsistencies, and some of the slide tubes and connection points are of course not aligned the way a genuine Yamaha would be. However, all slides move well enough for tuning on the fly, and the valves work very well (though they are probably ready for a new set of guides by now). There are a number of small dents and dings on the horn, most of which were there when I bought it; none affect playability, and I've tried to photograph them as unflatteringly as possible. Additionally there is evidence of a repair bell-side on the the bottom bow, as well as the back of the bell having been straightened out, but both were done quite well and are smooth to the touch. Finally, there's a little bit of lacquer wear on the fourth valve tubing on the back on the horn where I held it to pull the upper fourth slide for low range intonation. The only issues with this horn are cosmetic, and they are far from severe. The horn will come in a standard issue Chinese foam body case, though the case is labeled Mack Brass which is kind of funny.

Pics of the horn here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I'd like to get $1100 for the horn, which is a bit less than I paid for it to account for the dents. I put thousands of hours into this horn, and it will similarly serve anyone looking for a great little horn on the cheap. I will ship at buyer's expense if necessary; the horn is located in Nashville, TN and I'd be willing to drive a bit to facilitate a deal. Email me at jgoromusic@gmail.com to discuss.

Justin
Last edited by jgoro on Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgoro
bugler
bugler

Re: ON HOLD Schiller 4-piston 3/4 CC (YCB-621 copy) $1100

Post by jgoro »

This horn is on hold pending payment.
jgoro
bugler
bugler

Post by jgoro »

S O L D