Wessex Cimbasso in F - For Sale - $3,500 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
CodyMessersmith
bugler
bugler

Wessex Cimbasso in F - For Sale - $3,500 OBO

Post by CodyMessersmith »

For sale is my Wessex custom 5-valve cimbasso in F. This instrument has served me well for the short time that I have had it. I purchased it from another tubist, who used it frequently in various performing, recording, and teaching situations. The instrument is in very good condition, with some lacquer wear where the left hand supports the instrument. I am selling because with some life events, I am in more need of the money than the instrument.

The instrument comes with a Glen Cronkite contrabass trombone gig bag, which fits it like a glove. The instrument will also come with the original Wessex semi-hard case. In addition to the two cases mentioned, I will include a wheeled SKB flight case which houses the Wessex case for added and trusted protection. The instrument will also come with three Hercules bass clarinet/bassoon stands that hold the instrument splendidly.

Pictures of the instrument and cases: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Below are the specs directly from the Wessex tubas website:
Bore: 0.725" (18.5mm)
Bell: 10¾" (270mm)
5 rotary valves with tuning trigger
Weight: 9¼ lb (4.2kg) In case: 39¼ lb (17.8kg)
Case size: 104 x 35 x 36cm

I am asking $3,500 OBO. Local pickup or buyer pays shipping. The instrument is located in York, PA.

Please contact me at codyamessersmith@gmail.com for more information.