SOLD: Meinl Weston 2182 F Tuba with Cronkhite Bag

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
gretchenrenshaw
lurker
lurker

SOLD: Meinl Weston 2182 F Tuba with Cronkhite Bag

Post by gretchenrenshaw »

SOLD: Meinl Weston 2182 F tuba
Silver with gold accents
4 piston valves plus one rotary valve
Comes with black leather Glenn Cronkhite gig bag
$9000 or best offer

This is a fantastic example of the MW2182 F tuba. It is very easy to play and has a rich, vibrant sound that can suit a wide variety of playing situations. I have performed on it professionally in solo, brass quintet, and orchestral settings and have really enjoyed this instrument. I am parting with it only because I have recently become an artist for a different instrument maker.

Velvet Brown was the original owner of this horn, and I bought it from her in 2014. Soon after, I had all of the valves vented. About two years ago, I visited Martin Wilk for further modifications, including slide pull stops on the 1st, 3rd, and 4th valve slides; extra braces for physical stability of the horn and added resonance; and an extended main tuning slide. For me, these modifications made this already-special 2182 even better.

Cosmetically, the horn is in excellent condition. One area to note is on the back side of the bottom bow. You’ll notice a circular mark in the silver plating. This is where I used to have a ring attached to the tuba so I could attach the horn to my tuba belt. I removed the ring so I could put it on a different tuba.

For reference, a new MW2182 appears to go for $12,000-$14,000.

Thanks for looking!