Wessex Wyvern CC - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
DanClouse
bugler
bugler

Wessex Wyvern CC - SOLD

Post by DanClouse »

Hello all,

For sale is my Wessex Wyvern 5/4 CC in silver plate. This has been my daily driver for about 4 years and has treated me really well. You can read a lot online about these horns, and from first hand experience they are a good do-it-all tuba. Low range is better than most horns as far as response, it's super easy to play, got plenty of compliments on the sound of the horn, intonation is good, and overall liked this tuba.

I used to teach college level lessons, and I would put this instrument in the hands of any music major without a fight. It's not a specialty horn, but like I said, it's a good do-it-all.

I'm selling because I'm playing on something a little more Yorkish these days and don't need two good-sized CC tubas occupying my spare room.

Cosmetics: it's been under regular use for 4 years, so it's got a little wear and tear, but no dents. It needs a bath, but I'm happy to take it to Mike Morse and get it cleaned before sale.

Mods: I got this horn in 2017 before the 5th valve trigger mechanism was redesigned by Wessex, so I had Mike Morse replace it with something custom that works better and feels better. He also shortened the slide on the 1st and 4th valves so they move easier, and added shock cord to the first to keep it from falling out when it's standing upright.

I'm in Durham NC, and am willing to meet within a reasonable distance, or entertain a trial at my office where I have access to a 1,000+ sq foot room with high ceilings. Asking $5,200.

Photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Facebook ad here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 085651398/
Last edited by DanClouse on Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carry on my wayward son, there is peace when you are done.
Lay your weary head to rest, but not before you've learned your scales.
DanClouse
bugler
bugler

Re: Wessex Wyvern CC - Price Lowered

Post by DanClouse »

Bump for lowered price.
Carry on my wayward son, there is peace when you are done.
Lay your weary head to rest, but not before you've learned your scales.