WTB 6/4 CC. Need advice

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ww0473
lurker
lurker

WTB 6/4 CC. Need advice

Post by ww0473 »

Looking for 6/4 cc tuba to buy. But would also be interested in recommendations for specific models of tubas that I should look for, in case I somehow find one offline. I own a 4/4 Miraphone 186 and am currently playing a borrowed 4/4 cc. I am looking for a tuba of quality for college/graduate level playing. Under $10k. I have seen a new Eastman EBC836 under 10k. Is that a recommended tuba or should I hold out for a higher quality used tuba. I would like to purchase in the next 6 months, not sure what the odds of a very high quality 6/4 cc becoming available under 10k in the next several months. Thank you for any advice anyone can give.
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

Re: WTB 6/4 CC. Need advice

Post by tylerferris1213 »

Are you opposed to expanding your opportunities to professional 6/4 BBbs?
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
"Yamayork" Frankentuba Contrabass FF
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB 6/4 CC. Need advice

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Somebody is selling a Wessex "Chicago Presence" for $6,5000, posted just a few spots below this one. If I were you, I'd check that one out. Great price.